Ep 1: The Mysterious Man

I sigh as I carry the three cardboard boxes up the concrete stairs, I walk to the rusty white door and tried to grab the door knob. It was difficult since these boxes were making my arms shake. I somehow grab the doorknob and I twist it open, only for the door to automatically open by itself. I yelp in surprise and tumble back along with my boxes. I hear someone gasp in surprise too. My butt's defiantly going to get a bruise tomorrow. I sit up and felt a presence bend down next to me. I look up to see a handsome man with dark brown hair and eyes. He seemed to be stressed about something, maybe just trying to regain his composure.

"I'm so sorry. Here let me help you." The man says as he lends me a hand, I grab it gently as he softly heaves me up onto my feet. I accidently grab onto his right arm and chest; I blush at his muscles. I retract my hands and blush looking down at the feet. I come back into thought and I bend down to pick it up my boxes but the man also does the same. I stare in admiration. He's helping me!? No one's been this nice to me since I've arrived in City Z. I finally stand up with a two boxes in my arms.

"Umm thank you, sir." I awkwardly stuttered blushing, and I bow in respect.

"No problem, hey... are you the new neighbour?" he says with a monotone voice.

"Y-yes" I stutter out again. Nice going (Reader).

"That's cool, which room?" he said opening the door letting me go through into the hallway.

"Umm..." I said walking down to find my number as the man just follows me.

"This one right here." I looked at the correct number on the door.

"Huh?! Your right next to me." He says surprised. Really?!

"What, really!?" I say yelling a bit too loud.

"Uh, yeah." The man says as he places the large box next to my door.

"I have an interview to go to, I don't want to be late." He says bidding me a goodbye and waves as he walks down the hallway, and out of the door to the stairs.

I just stare at his retreating form and return back to the door in front of me, placing the two boxes on top of each other. I grab my new key from my jeans and insert the key. I smile as I hear a successful click. I open the green door and see the small apartment, I smile at how homely it is. I put the key back in my back pocket and I eagerly grab the boxes and enter back into the apartment. I place them near the centre of the room and proceed to unpack my materials. I grab my phone to see a text on it; the company was going to arrive with my furniture tomorrow. That's good. I need to work soon if I'm going to survive in this city. I work as a beautician and do massaging too. I enjoy the work I do. I instantly smile as I saw the balcony to my apartment. I get up and walk to the to large window door, opening it I walk out onto the balcony. I smell the fresh air of City Z with a hint of smoke from cigarettes. I hear a meow to my left and see a black and white cat standing on the wall. I smile patting the small soft creature. It purred in delight as I gave it some affection. I suddenly got a whiff of goodness in my nose. It made me relax and the possibilities of what type of food was here. Suddenly I feel my stomach growl. Food. Food... I feel like meat and rice. Hmm, maybe some ramen, or maybe some sushi...

"Ah!" I pull a face. Not deciding what to eat, is a habit of mine. I walk back into my apartment and close the balcony door. I grab my purse I walk out of the apartment, locking it and walk down the hallway. I quickly but carefully not to hurt myself, go down the stairs and out onto the streets.

Wait my stomach I'm going to feed you soon!