Chapter 3

Dan's trying so hard to ignore Phil. Not just physically. He's trying so hard to get Phil out of his head, and he can't.

All of Tuesday, every moment with Phil keeps replaying in his head. The way Phil had flirted with him, called him 'baby boy.' Dan knew Phil was no good, and yet here he was, all his thoughts full of Phil.

Regardless, he swears to himself that he wouldn't ever get mixed up with anything regarding Phil. He knows even Pj had fell to Phil's charm once too, and that wasn't uncommon. Nearly everyone had at some point. That was Phil's thing. Like Dan's thing was following rules and maintaining high grades, Phil's thing was being able to charm nearly every girl, boy, and anyone else into bed. Which, of course, had only been another reason Dan had always hated him.

-

Dan wakes up on Wednesday and he's already praying that Phil won't bother him. Not only does Phil annoy him, but he's now terrified that he's actually going to give in to whatever Phil does. And there's nothing Dan wants less than letting Phil get his way.

He even knows that Phil's only doing this for a bet. Some stupid bet he made with his friends, and Dan's this close to letting Phil win.

Of course, when he walks into the classroom on Wednesday, Phil doesn't leave him alone, because Phil never leaves people alone.

"Hey, Pretty Boy," Phil calls. He's leaning back in his seat and his shirt has two buttons unbuttoned at the top, and Dan's trying so hard not to blush and stare.

"Pretty Boy?" Dan raises an eyebrow. He's not sure if Phil's trying to insult him.

"It's just a compliment, Baby," Phil smirks.

Dan sighs and rolls his eyes, sitting down in his seat. "Yeah, whatever. I don't really give a shit. And whatever happened to 'Baby Boy?'"

He regrets saying anything immediately, biting his tongue. He's just giving Phil more things to say.

"So you liked 'Baby Boy?'" Phil acts as though he's proud, and done something absolutely amazing. Dan wants to walk out of the classroom just to get away from Phil.

"No," Dan answers, and doesn't say another word. He bites his lip and tries to stop himself from making a smart comment, because he knows Phil will find some comment to make.

"I think that's better for when we're alone, don't you think?" Phil winks.

Dan turns away, because he can feel himself turning red. He's trying so hard not to let that show, not to let Phil win. He's having trouble even coming up with a reply.

"Whatever. Are you coming over today too?"

"Are your parents still out?" Phil asks with another cheeky grin.

"Jesus Christ, Phil, we just have to work on a project. It doesn't matter that they're out. You live near me, just come over and we can actually do the project."

"You're hot when you're frustrated," Phil states.

Dan realizes now how many people are staring. Even if they're pretending not to care, he sees them watching them out of the corner of their eyes. Dan wishes they would just mind their won business, but he doesn't say anything.

"You've already said that before," Dan mumbles tiredly, not having a better response. 

"I know, Pretty Boy. I'm serious, though. Kind of makes me want to pin you up against a wall and-"

"Shut up!" Dan blurts out loudly, causing the few people not paying attention to their conversation to look over in curiosity. Dan turns red, lowering his head and pretending to read his book.