Chapter 16

Dan isn't quite sure why he said he'd go on a date with Phil, but he knows he still doesn't completely trust him either.

He goes anyways, because somewhere in the back of his mind, he still knows he likes Phil. Even Phil knows Dan likes him now, and Phil could definitely use that to his advantage. Dan doesn't care. At least he hopes that he's smart enough not to do anything too stupid.

Except if he was smart enough to not do anything too stupid, it wouldn't exactly explain why he was making out on the bed with Phil.

He doesn't remember how long they've been like this, Dan's legs wrapped around Phil with Phil on top of him. He also doesn't remember when it got this fiery, and how he got this caught up in the moment just because Dan had to stop at home to grab his wallet.

"Phil," Dan mumbles, but he can't help but grin when Phil leaves a few light kisses down his neck. "Phil, come on."

"No," Phil groans, grinning and kissing Dan once more.

Dan finds himself more caught up in moments like these than he wants to admit, because sometimes he forgets the fact that he's not supposed to trust Phil. Sometimes it's hard for himself to believe that he's supposed to be hating Phil.

"We have to go on a date," Dan mumbles. "You promised, come on."

Phil laughs and gets up, sitting up beside Dan and pushing the hair out of his face. "Why a movie date? That's cliche as hell."

Dan has to bite his lip before he admits that it's because things usually work out when Phil doesn't talk. Of course, any other time he'd say that to Phil's face, but right now, they're supposed to be going on a date. Phil Lester, on a date, with some unpopular boy.

"Because it's the best we can do. Do you want a dinner date where you have to wear button up shirts and formal shit?"

Phil smirks and eyes him up and down once. "You wear button up shirts and you seem to suit them pretty well."

Dan rolls his eyes, laughing and standing up. "Shut up, Perv."

"Make me," Phil smirks. Still, Phil's the one who leans in and kisses Dan again, one hand resting loosely on Dan's hip. Dan has to tiptoe to kiss Phil properly, and he wraps a hand on Phil's neck.

"Phil," Dan groans, but he grins anyways. "People usually don't make out like this on the first date."

"I always have," Phil smirks, running a hand down Dan's back and down to cup his bum. "And it's kind of hard to not to make out with you twenty-four seven."

Dan rolls his eyes but grins. "You're such a flirt at times. Just come on, my parents are home. They could hear this."

"Lighten up, Baby Boy," is the last thing Phil says before pecking him one more time and pulling him out.

-

Dan's the one who decides to sit in the back row, but Phil's the one who keeps making inappropriate comments about it. Dan just brushes them off and rolls his eyes, and he does the same when Phil wraps his arm around him.

Phil's always doing things to sexually tease Dan, obviously, because he leaves a few kisses down Dan's neck, and it's driving Dan crazy because he's so sensitive and he can't really say anything in the middle of the movie theater. Still, if he's being truthful, he's enjoying this because it feels more exciting than most things he does. To be fair, he's never done much with anyone at any point. Dan shoves a handful of popcorn to try and distract himself, but it doesn't work.

"Phil," Dan whispers.

"Mm?"

"Shh, normal first date. You can't do that," Dan whispers. He shuts up when someone in front of him mutters 'shh!' because he hates getting in trouble. He's never used to getting in trouble.