Chapter 26

a/n: sorry i haven't updated. i finally have access to a computer. anyways, this chapter isn't great and the story is almost done, but here you go.

warning: not for kids. this is sin.

-

They're on another date, a few weeks later, and Dan's feeling something. It's a good feeling; the same way he did after the concert. It can't be put into words, but he's all giddy because it feels as though everything has changed, even if maybe only his own mindset has changed. Either way, it's a nice way to feel.

People at school have started realizing it. Realizing that Phil Lester is steadily dating somebody, and it's not like he usually does. Not the usual person posted on Instagram twice, rumors of hookups and cheating, and a breakup that no one looks at with more than a blink of an eye. And Dan likes this, because every time they ask him if they know what Phil Lester is like, Dan can say he knows exactly what Phil can be like, and it's the biggest subtle 'fuck you' he can give to them.

Phil has improved. Maybe he didn't go from slight dick and rude person to boyfriend of the year overnight, but he's a lot better ever since he's started referring to Dan as his boyfriend in public. Dan is still sometimes afraid of a broken heart, but at one point or another, everyone in a relationship is. Of course, there's doubt, but never so much he actually belies Phil would lie to him again.

He's happy, and Phil's happy. He doesn't need much more.

-

They're back in Dan's room, Dan's parents are downstairs. They're just watching Friends casually, Phil sitting so close to Dan that Dan may as well be on top of him. It's cliché, maybe, but Dan likes this.

Dan stares at Phil a moment before grinning and pecking his cheek. Phil finally turns his head back to Dan and smiles back.

Dan doesn't say another word, he just puts an arm to the back of Phil's neck and kisses him. At least now, there's no hesitation like before.

Phil kisses back, grinning slightly to the point he has to pull away for a second. He kisses Dan again and they both seem to forget the running TV in the back completely. In a moment, he's found himself in Phil's lap, his hand running lightly through Phil's hair and Phil's hand slipping under his shirt where it's riding up.

Dan's tugging upwards at Phil's shirt by the time Phil finally pulls away.

"What's wrong?" Dan asks.

"Do you... Are we...?"

Dan smiles shyly. "I don't mind. I want to. I trust you, and if you're going to end up being a dick again, you're a real asshole."

Phil grins back, running a hand down Dan's back. "Way to be romantic."

Dan pushes tugs upwards till Phil lets him pull off his shirt. "Oh, like you're any better." He kisses Phil again before he has the chance to reply. But Phil melts into it, pulling down closer, and eventually pushing him down and positioning himself on top of him.

"You look so pretty like this, you know," Phil whispers, pulling Dan's shirt over his head and off to some corner. "But aren't your parents home?"

"The doors are locked. Just stay quiet, we'll be fine."

Phil smirks. "I'm not sure I'm the one who needs to make sure he's quiet. You're so dirty, trying to fuck when your parents are right downstairs.''

Dan grins back, wrapping a leg around Phil's waist and pulling him down to kiss him again. Soon, he's fiddling with Phil's jeans, moaning softly into Phil's mouth as Phil runs his hands over Dan's body, feeling him all over.