Chapter 21

a/n: no offense but a lot of you seem p young (some of u seem 12ish wow) why r u reading this shit

-

PJ really doesn't approve of Dan fucking around with a boy like Phil. To be fair, Dan doesn't think it's smart either. Somehow, it just keeps on happening.

Dan finally invites PJ to his house after school one day, because they've hung out so much less than they used to before because Dan's been spending way too much time with Phil. PJ walks in, greets Dan's parents before running upstairs, shutting the door, and yelling at him.

"Dan, are you mad?"

Dan sighs. He's been expecting this, of course, and as his best friend PJ is supposed to do this. "How'd you even know?"

"Obviously not from you, because you're been ignoring me for lester for the last few weeks and fucking Lester." PJ finally takes a deep breath to calm himself down. "I heard Ty Matthews talking about it to his friend, for whatever reason. They're always talking about whatever shit Phil did. Apparently his girlfriend or something caught you and Lester making out in the middle of the night. Like, right out in the middle of your street. Ugh, that's so gross."

Dan stays quiet. Hearing it out loud makes him seem even more stupid, and it makes it seem even worse.

PJ sighs, sitting down on Dan's bed. "Look, Daniel, I don't want to lecture you. But Christ, you're such an idiot at times. Did that actually happen? Don't do those things if you don't want people knowing!"

"We weren't making out! I'm serious. I swear it, nothing happened that night. Nothing happened ever."

"Really?"

"Well, except, this one night-"

"No!" PJ interrupts. "Don't. I don't want to know anything dirty you've done with that boy, for Christ's sake. Just leave me my innocence. But were you out with him at midnight? Who does that?"

Dan sighs. "I mean, he texted me. We were awake and we just met up. It's not like we fucked outside or anything. We may have kissed, like, once at most."

PJ looks at him in disbelief, and Dan doesn't blame him. "Dan. What are you trying to do? What do you think is going to happen? You're more sensitive than you admit. You're going to get your heart broken by the same boy."

"PJ, shut up. Please. I know. I know I'm an idiot, and I know what I'm getting myself into. But maybe I should lighten up, don't you think?"

He can almost tell how PJ is internally screaming by the expression on his face. "Fucking hell, Dan. You can almost hear the fact you've been spending this much time with Phil." He stares for a second before speaking again. "Look, do whatever you want. I can't stop you. But please don't do anything stupid, yeah?"

It's a little late for that, Dan thinks, but he just stays silent.

"Let's just go play Halo or something. That's enough about Phil. You're still my best friend."

He hears his phone beep, and he pulls it out to glance at it. Of course, it's Phil. PJ just flashes him a glance and stuffs it back in his pocket.

He really can't let Phil take up this much of his life.

-

After PJ leaves him, Dan texts his messages.

Phil Lester: can u come over or something?? or i come over or whatever?

Dan thinks back to the things PJ has said. He really does spend too much time with Phil.