Chapter 13

"would there be anyone else who would like to say a few words?" Anthony's grandfather said

I stood up and walked to the podium.

"*clears throat* Anthony. He was, my lover. I fell in love with him the first day I moved into his house. it was like, the best feeling ever. I aint feel this way about a stranger. but he wasn't just any ordinary stranger. He was, He was a special stranger. It was just something about him *Sniff*"

I wiped my tears and continued.

"I loved Anthony- *gulp* we were going to start a family. We were going to get married. I remember, before he died, he told me 'all I wanted was a family' *sniff*''

I couldnt continue and i walked off the stand and sat down. Stephan pulled me into his arms and i cried in his shoulder.

A woman got up and sung one of Anthony's favorite songs. I wish I knew the name of it.

After she was done everyone got into a line to see Anthony's body one last time. I stood there the longest.

"Take all the time you need. We all miss Anthony" Anthony's grandfather said patting my back.

When I thought I was done looking at his body, two men came and lowered his body into the ground. That was it.

Everyone went back to their cars and headed over Anthony's grandma's house to eat. I really wanted to stay, but the way my hormones were set up, nahh.

Once I got the directions to her house, I pulled up and got out of my car. The smell of chicken and cake hit my face.

Sitting in a lawn chair i seen Jai sitting on Rakir's lap.

"Lia!" Rakir yelled

I waved but kept walking

"Hey girl how you been?" Jai asked stopping me

"I've been alright so far"

"I'm sorry Lia"

" it's okay. It's nobody's fault so don't apologize."

"Alright, I'm coming over your house after i get done eating" Jai said i nodded

I went inside and got me three plates. I forgot my drink so I had to turn around and go to the cooler to get one.

"Everything's ok? Where are you going?" Anthony's grandmother told me

"I'm going back home i don't feel well"

"Oh well I really was hoping you would stay. But go on and I hope you feel better"

I nodded my head and ran to my car. Stephan had Lexi so after i put my food together i went in the house and seen Day Day playing with her.

"Give me Lexi I'm going home"

"Well damn here you go" Day Day said giving me Lexi

I got her things and went back to the car. I strapped her in and drove home.

Rakir POV

Maybe she's upset and trying to cope with her boyfriend's death. I feel sorry for Lia. All of this drama is going on in her life.

Well her and Jaila was talking I snuck inside and got me something to eat. In the game room, Tonio, Day Day, and Stephan were all talking.

"Rakir!" Day Day yelled

I walked in and all them niggas looked high as hell.

"Wassup nigga i ain't seen you in forever." Stephan said

"Yea been in Oklahoma"

"Taking care of Jai?" Stephan said trying to start mess

"Yea whateva" i rubbed my fingers through my hair and ate some ribs.

"Where my son at?" Tonio asked

"Yo son in the living room somewhere."

Tonio got up and I swear I thought he was about to punch me dead in my face. He bumped me walking out the door and called me a 'pussy ass nigga'

I shook it off cause i wasnt too concerned.