Chapter 19

Day Day POV

My morning went good just like it always does. I do what I normally do in the morning and I wanted to get out the house. I put on some gray joggers, gray Nike T-shirt, some slides and a Nike hoodie.

I washed my face, Got my wallet, keys, and walked out the door locking it. I waved to my neighbor across the street.

"Hey Mr Jones how you doing!" i said waving

"Im doing good son" He sat rocking back and forth in his rocking chair. Even though he was old, this man was really nosey. I came home one night and see him sitting outside on the porch at 11 o'clock. He be acting weird at times.

I was just driving down the highway and roads looking for somewhere to go. I couldn't stand being in the house anymore.

On an Unknown street, there's this place called Papa P's Joint. They pancakes be good as hell. Everybody in town eats them.

I parked my car, got out and walking. It was about four of five people greeting me at one time. Handing out flyers. I walked up to the register and ordered my food.

"Can I get the classic combo?" I asked looking up at the menu

"Would that be all?"

"Yes, Ma'am"

The lady at the register gave me a receipt. I sat down at a table and i was staring at the walls and pictures. *Ting* I heard someone walk in. I looked at it was that stripper I met at the strip club that night.

She looked at me for a second and turned her head really fast. As soon as she was done ordering, my order was called. I quickly got up and got my food.

I thought about whether I should eat in because I really wanted to communicate with this girl. I was about to walk out the door, then I stopped and turned around and bring it back to the table. I hope nobody saw me because I was running like a crack head.

She sat down in the booth behind me. I know she see me sitting here. Once again I got up and I slid into her booth.

"Look, I know you don't know me, but you should remember me because you know what happened that night"

She looked around the room.

"Yes, I remember you"

"That's good and I don't want to be weird or anything, so what's your name?"

"My name is Diana"

"Dirty Diana" I said getting up and dancing like Michael Jackson. She started giggling

"Glad I can make you laugh Diana" I said looking in her eyes

"I'm glad you can make me laugh too." she said prepping her food

"What you mean by that?"

"Aint no man made me laugh or smile. I spent my last 4 years stripping, abused, and heatbroken"

"Why did you have to go through all of this? Who abused you?" at this point I really did sound like a complete weirdo.

"My ex his name is Leonardo" she said hold her head down and eating slowly.

"I'm sorry to get all up in your business like that. If you don't want to talk about it we definitely dont have to" I said

"Its- Its cool just forget it." she said putting her hand up to my face.

"So, what is your name?" she asked me bucking her eyes

"Day Day" I said with a mouthful of pancakes

"Well damn Day Day slow down!" She giggled

We were having a good time. I started getting itchy so I got up and went to the bathroom. my rash was getting worser and worser.

"Look Imma have to hit you up later. Um... Is it okay if we exchange numbers?"

"sure" Diana said pulling out a small piece of paper from her purse and I got a pen from the front

She gave her number and I walked out that place happier then ever.