Promise?

Lucy's POV

I slowly open my eyes and wait until they adjust to the lighting. Once they do, I look at my alarm clock.

7:00am. Ha! I beat my alarm clock!....

I sighed.

Am I really getting excited just for that?

I mentally sigh at my childishness. Pulling the covers up and over me, I make my way to my closet and take out my uniform. After that I go to my kitchen and make toast with scrambled eggs.

When I finished, I heard knocking at the door.

Ughhhhhh way are there people here at this hourrrrr.

I walk over to the door and slowly open it. But then someone come's in quickly and hugs me. I freaked out a little and asked.

"Um, hey there little girl? I-I'm sorry but I think..." it felt kind awkward but she eventually let go.

"Oh right, you don't know me yet." She stood back and bowed. "I'm Wendy. Natsu's little sister." She had a cute smile on her face.

"W-Wendy?? What are you doing here?" I asked as I kneeled to her height.

"Since you live near our house we thought it would be fun to pick you up for school." She said with an innocent smile.

"Wait. 'We'?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. As if on cue Natsu comes into view with a big grin on his face while scratching the back of his head.

"Hey Luce. You ready to go?"

"It was all Natsu's idea." Added Wendy. I chuckled and stood up.

"Yeah, just let me brush my teeth and we can leave." I said while heading to my bathroom. "Just wait in the living room until I finish." I added.

Getting my tooth brush and toothpaste I quickly brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror making sure my hair was fine.

There I go again being self conscious about how I look.

I sighed and made my way out while taking a last glance at my mirror.

"Ready!" I say with a smile. Natsu and Wendy were teasing each other and when I entered the room they stopped what they were doing and smiled.

"Yeah lets get going Lucy, don't want to be late for school right?" and with that said we left my house and started walking.

~

It was silent at first and a bit awkward so Wendy decided to break the silence but I think she made it worse.

"Lucy-nee, when are you and Natsu-nii going to start dating?" She asked right off the bat in an innocent voice. Natsu and I looked at each other with tomato red faces. I was about to say something but Natsu beat me to it.

"L-Lucy already has boyfriend Wen." He answered a little off. He had a smile on his face but was somewhat forced like last time.

What could he be thinking?

"Aw, but I still think you two should be together." She said with small pout. I chuckled a bit.

"Oh and that reminds me, Luce." Said Natsu catching my attention.

"Yeah?"

"What did you and Gray, um...talk about yesterday?" I was caught a bit off guard by his question.

"Well, he was just telling me about how you guys met is all." I looked at my feet as we walked.

"Oh, that's fine. Thank god." He murmured the last part. I was a little confused as to why he said that but I just shrugged it off.