Just like Family

"Come on Natsu let's have a snow fight!" Lisanna took a hold of his wrist so that he could follow her.

Soon Erza, Mirajane, Juvia, Levy and even Gajeel joined in.

"Alright! Let's make teams!" Exlaimed Mira. "Natsu and Lucy as NaLu! Gray and Juvia as Gruvia! Levy and Gajeel as GaLe! And last but not least! Lisanna and Erza!"

Everyone looked at Mira like she was crazy.

"Play or die." She added with a scary smile.

"S-Sorry Mira, but I can't play. I'm about to catch another cold, dont want to risk getting sick again." I said while backing away.

I actually didn't feel like playing with them so I sat down on the edge of the side walk and waited for them to finish their little 'game'. That's when I notice someone taking a seat beside me.

"Why aren't you playing with them?" Asked Gray as he rubbed his hands together for warmth.

"What? Oh. I'm just not in the mood really." I said truthfully. "And what about you?"

"Not a big fan of snow." His facial expression turned into some what of a frown.

"Why?" He looked at me for a second and then sighed.

"My parents and one of my brothers died in a car crash. It was snowing that day and it was all because of that stupid car, it had graffiti on the side naming it 'Deliora' or something."

"I'm sorry for your loss." I said while placing my hand on his as a form of support. He gave me a lopsided smile.

"Yo Luce! Ready to start heading home?" Asked Natsu with his hair full of snow. I look to Gray and it was like he was saying that he was fine. So we both stood up.

"I'll walk her home.." Gray suddenly spoke.

"Oh, alright." Natsu said looking kinda down. We were about to walk off of school ground when Natsu grabbed Gray by his arm and whispered something to him.

"Yeah I know, I know." Gray kept whisper-yelling back. After that, we started walking away.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"You'll know one day." He said with a smile.

"Are you trying to be cool?" I asked with a giggle.

"Pfffft. No..not anymore." He said the last part in a low voice thinking I couldn't hear. I gave him a questioning look and he sighed.

"All I'm saying is that you should be happy you've got a friend like that flame head.

~

We stopped in front of my house and Gray was just looking at cloud covered sky.

"So how long have you known him?"

"Huh? What? Oh, that fire hazard? Mam, I don't even remember that well anymore. It was like, third grade?" He chuckled a bit.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Just remembering how we met. At first he was the loner type, but once I got on his nerves..." He kept trying to hold back his laughter.

"We were both sent to detention, and that's when we became friends. After that we would always have our small arguments but I guess that's how our friendship is."

"Oh, that's kinda sweet." I smiled at him, think about how it mush have been back then...

"Well it's getting late... You should get going." Said Gray.

"R-Right! Thanks for dropping me off." I bowed in gratitude.

"Oh! It's no problem Lucy-chan!" He quickly covered his mouth in embarrassment. "S-Sorry, force of habit.." I started to giggle, only making him even more flustered.

"It's alright, I like you calling me 'Lucy-chan'" Gray dropped his hand from his face and smiled at me.

"Okay then, see you tomorrow Lucy-chan!" He started walking away woke waving goodbye.

"Bye~!" I called out as I entered my house.

I took a quick shower and changed in my Pj's to go to sleep. Once I was in bed I started to think.

I really feel like there starting to trust me. It's nice to know I'm finally living a normal life. Well...kinda. But something's better then nothing.

With that as my final thought I fell into deep slumber.

~Scarlett-Red~

Edited*