Improvised

~Saturday: Lucy's POV~

I woke up at 10:00 and quickly headed out to the school. They said they needed help fixing some last minutes things and I volunteered to help. Once I made it to the school auditorium of course I would bump into-

"Levy-chan!" I was serious about bumping into her because all my music sheets went flying.

"Hey Lu-chan!" She started helping me pick up my papres and noticed what the page said.

"Lost boy by Ruth B? Weren't you going to sing-" We were interrupted by my phone ringing. It was a massage.

From: Sting <3

Hey Lucy, I'm free at 3:00, why don't you come over to my house for movies?

I sighed. That's the same time that I have to sing.

"What's wrong Lu?" By now I've gained a lot of trust with Levy so I was fine telling her.

"Sting messaged me saying to meet up at 3:00 but that's when I preform. I'll just have to cancel." I was about to reply but Levy put her small hand on top of my phone.

"Wait. You don't have to cancel if you're the first act."

"But you're the first act with Gajeel." I said confused.

"Yeah but I known you don't see him that often so let's just switch." I had a huge smile on my face. "Yeah yeah, you can thank me later. Now go! You're up in twenty minutes!

"Thank you Levy-Chan!" Not really watching where I was going I tripped and almost fell.

"Woh there, bunny girl. If you keep hopping around like that, you're bound to fall at some point." Said Gajeel as he lifted me back up by grabbing on the back of my shirt. I chuckle at his comment.

"Thanks for the tip! Got to go now!" I rush down the hall to the changing room.

Levy's POV

"What's with her?" Gajeel asked me.

"She just has to get ready since she's the first act." He raised an eyebrow to me.

"Aren't we the first act?"

"We were, now were the last." His eyes widened. "Oh, calm down! We're probably getting cake out of this." That just made him look even more confused. I sighed. "Let's just go find Erza."

We eventually found the red head and explained everything. She was a little ticked off but just went with it.

"Yo! What's up guys?" Said Natsu walking towards us.

"Miracle seeing you here early salamander." Commented Gajeel.

"A certain someone woke me up early in the morning so I could come and help out." Natsu said while jerking his head towards Erza.

"That's right. So I need you to go the the front of the school and stick back the streamers that fell." Instructed Erza.

Natsu's POV

"Aye sir!" I said while saluting. I rush to the front of the school and see a ladder next to the fallen streamers.

Convenient ladder is convenient.

I put it in position close enough so I can reach. There were only a few people left that were heading inside because the show was going to start in a few minutes.

"Hello and welcome everyone!" They began on the big speakers. "Thank you all for coming here today! We have a lot of contestants from various high schools like Lamia scale! Blue Pegasus! Mermaid heel! And many more!

So why don't we start off with a student from fairy tail high! Miss Lucy~ Heartfilia!" I swear I almost fell off the ladder.

Wasn't she supposed to be last?!

I quickly place my hands and feet on either sides of the ladder and slide to the bottom. Hurriedly, I lean the ladder to the side and run to the auditorium. When I made it, I pushed open the door. Luckily, no one paid attention to my bursting in.

🎤There was a time, when I was alone,
No where to go
And no place to call home,
My only friend was the man in the moon,
And even sometimes he would go away to...

And there she was. Apart from beautiful, her voice....it's a bit hard to explain. It was warm and flowing like hot chocolate--mmm, hot chocolate...--and everyone seemed to relax with every note she sang...

"Looks like you got here just in time." Said Levy taking me out of my train of thought.

"But wasn't she supposed to sing last?" I ask still looking back at Lucy.

"Yeah but she got a massage from sting saying that he wanted to go out in the afternoon since he finally had time, so I gave Lucy my spot and I have her's." I didn't say anything because well, there wasn't much to say. So I took the chance and just started walking to the side of the stage to get closer to her..

*♪*

When the song came to an end, I could see the tears collecting at the corners of her eyes.

I guess that song really speaks to her.

She walked towards us on the side on the side of the stage with open arms and I was obviously thrilled, but the hug wasn't for me. It was for Levy.

"Lu-chan you did great!" Her best friend beamed.

"Yeah, good job bunny girl." Added Gajeel. When they parted from her hug, Lucy turned to look at me and I just smiled.

"You were great out there Luce." She returned the smile and my could feel my stomach doing flips.

"Well, I've got to go. Bye guys!" Lucy called out as she exited the stage.

Bye Luce.

Lucy's POV

I rushed to get my things from my locker and headed straight to 'The sugar fairy'.

I heard the welcoming bell ring at my presence.

"Hello Lucy!" Mavis greeted. "Weren't you going to come to work the night shift since you're in the show?"

"Yeah I still am but there's been a slight change of plans and I'm going to need cake for that!" I said getting excited.

"All right! I'll give you our special and you can be on your way." Once I received the cake, I say 'thank you' and head over to stings apartment. It's kind of a long walk but it's worth it!

I head to his apartment and see the desk lady at the front.

"Oh hello Lady Lucy! Here to see sting?" Minivera said with a smile.

"Yup! But don't tell him I'm here yet, I want it to be a surprise." I said already unable to contain my joy.

"Alright, go ahead. You already know where it is right?"

"Yeah! Thanks!" I quickly make my way to the elevator and the ride up seemed a bit longer then usually. I hear the ding and walk out to his apartment 777.

The door was slightly open witch was normal since he always liked to have air circulating around the apartment. I slowly open the door..

"Sting?"

♪Scarlett-Red♪
Edited*