➳fourteen

:: FOURTEEN ::

Carolyn was worried. No she was terrified.

As she stared at Andy's bleeding stomach the only thing that crossed her mind was misery. Misery because she had no idea how she would get over the fact that she actually let him do it—how she actually didn't try hard enough to prevent a sick kid. But at least it showed Andy's true colors.

And at least she was somehow figuring out why. Why Andy had been tormenting her with his cruel words and his cruel actions, because he too was demented. Demented; but not in the hot tattooed guy that rides motorcycles. Demented in the way where watching his body being set on fire wouldn't hurt you in the slightest bit.

And that's exactly how much Carolyn hated Andy now. If Andy's body would be set on fire and Carolyn had a bottle of water in her hand, guess what she would do? She would drink it.

But Andy wasn't on fire.

He was bleeding from his stomach.

And she didn't know what to do. Cry for help or take the keys from his pocket and run off. Memories of Andy's harsh words replayed in her mind. The way he looked at her with so much disgust. "Slut." His voice whispered. "Stupid. Worthless. Crazy. Bitch." But then the words of him begging for her to kill him replayed. "Kill me!" He shouted. "Kill me now, please!"

And as Carolyn took her time thinking, Andy was nearing death. Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc. She didn't know what to do, the rain was falling methodically against the ground, her heart beating against her chest, the adrenaline running through her skin. She could hear it all, and It was all a matter of time before Carolyn decided what to do.

She yelled for help. She yelled like Andy's life depended on it, because chances were they did. "Please someone help me! Please!" But no one came. "I'm sorry that I have to do this Andy. I'm sorry! But no one's coming, I'm going to have to do this alone." Carolyn stood up from being behind Andy and placed his back gently against the pavement floor, the rain only getting heavier.

Carolyn took the keys from Andy's pocket and ran towards his car, taking a few looks back at Andy. Leaving his helpless body behind.

She opened the car door and searched for something, anything. She'd seen many episodes of Grey's Anatomy and this case was no different from the ones they usually get. She found a blanket, a box of tissues and to Andy's advantage, bandages...not that they would be doing much of a help.

Carolyn quickly grasped the things in her hands and closed the door eyeing the market inside, eyeing the man working behind the cashier. He was young, and clueless. If she asked for his help then he would probably turn them in, try to call the police or something. And they couldn't have that, then Andy would go to jail for kidnapping her. Then she looked at the TV and the image that they showed sent her jaw flying open; it was her and it said "MISSING" in bold letters.

Immediately she ran back to Andy and threw the blanket over his cut placing her head under as well so that she could see the opening. She heaved in a breath, grasped the handle of the knife and pulled it out, a yelp escaping Andy's lips. His injuries were minor and the bleeding had began to drizzle away. She took the box of already damped tissues and began cleaning his small cut, holding it down and adding pressure... "I can't believe I'm doing this, I really can't." She whispered.

Then suddenly, Carolyn began to feel dizzy, her head swung in each direction as she tried to hold down on Andy's cut when all of a sudden she jolted her head forward and vomited. She had vomited blood. She held her hand to her stomach and noticed how it had grown.

She was hungry so why wasn't her stomach flat? And why was there a bulge all of a sudden? And then it hit her, Andy had never worn a condom when he raped her. He just forced her, he took her virginity and now, now there might be a possibly that she was... the thought disgusted Carolyn.

But could it be? Could she really be pregnant? And from...Andy?

She looked down at Andy and all that anger she tried hard to push back came flooding back into her. She stood up from the ground still holding her stomach and felt tears slipping out of her eyes. Her eyes became watery as she store at Andy and Andy stared back. "You." She hissed. "Why would I ever even think of trying to save you when you've done nothing but destroy my fucking life. I'm tired Andy and I am most certainly tired of you. So I think it's best if you just die, because guess what, you are right...you are a hurricane and everything you touch or even look, you destroy. I was wrong, hurricanes don't get lost...they leave...they die...and now it's your turn. I hate you Andy. I hate you so much and not even the hostility in my words can describe my hatred for you. Goodbye, and this time it's forever." Carolyn hissed. She turned around and walked away. 

"Don't leave me, please..." Andy gently said. But Carolyn didn't even stutter to keep walking. She just left. Walked away like she should have done in the first place.

***

Tell me your thoughts? What do you think of what Carolyn said? Honestly, I'm not saying this because she's my character, I'm saying this because it's about time she stood up for herself. She was right to do that, but she wasn't right to walk away. Andy had done nothing but harm Carolyn when she's never done anything to harm him, so it's bad that she walked away but it isn't bad that she told Andy those cruel words; she was just standing up for herself; she's scared. But those are just my thoughts, what are yours?