Old Habits Die Hard

Naruto stiffens a bit as Sasuke approaches him. They stand directly in front of each other. Both share a look and then smile.

"Nice to see you again pal." Naruto says holding out his hand.

Sasuke smirks and shakes his hand. "Likewise." His smirk then increases deviously, "You and Hinata I see."

Naruto blushes deeply. "I-it's n-not like t-that."

Sasuke raises an eyebrow. "But you're stuttering. Just like Hinata." He sings her name to tease Naruto even more.

Naruto grunts and rolls his eyes, "Same ol teme. But what are you doing here and why are you following us?"

Sasuke shrugs nonchalantly, "To make sure you don't screw this up."

Naruto steams, "Hey. This is MY mission Uchiha!!"

Sasuke walks away laughing, "Not talking about the mission dobe. You'd better get back before Hinata wakes up."

"Hey you're right." Naruto says then begins to run back towards camp. He then stops walking, "By the way, I know you killed Itachi. What's your next move?"

Sasuke pauses, "Finish your mission and meet me back in this same spot. We will discuss things then."

Naruto nods and skips back throught the trees towards Hinata.

After he leaves, Sasuke opens his eyes unveiling his Mangekyo Sharingan. "You can come out now Orochimaru."

The snake sannin creeps out and smiles deviously at Sasuke. "You had the nine tails in your grasp. Why did you not capture him?"

Sasuke smirks, "Its simple."

he fazes behind Orochimaru so quickly that the Sannin doesn't even notice. He then impales him through his heart with his sword.

"Because I've decided to cut the deal I made with you short." He says evilly then whispers grimly in his ear, "Real short."

Sasuke yanks his sword out and in one swift motion he cuts Orochimaru in half. The snake sannin's corpse slams into the ground.

Sasuke looks down and the hundreds of snakes that crawl away from the clone. He grabs one and says to it, "Tell your boss, the deal is off."

Sasuke then skips back over the the camp where he finds Hinata sleeping peacefully and Naruto staring at her intensely. 'I wonder what's up with dobe.' He then enters Naruto's mind.

In an all white room, the two stand face to face. 'Teme what the hell!?' Naruto says.

'You can't complete a mission if you don't sleep Dobe. Rest while you can.' Sasuke says and leaves Naruto's mind.

Naruto yawns and takes a nap while he can. Sasuke looks down at the two and genuinely smiles. 'If only Sakura were here. This could be like a double date.' Inner Sasuke says.

Sasuke face palms. 'Oh great. Now I hear voices in my head."