The War Begins

Hinata had just given birth to her and Naruto's son, Boruto a few months back. Sasuke remained by Naruto's side throughout the entire labor. Today, however, Naruto and Sasuke must leave to go on a mission to meet up with Killer Bee, the 8-tails jinchuriki, to train Naruto on how to master Kurama's power.

"I'll miss you sweetie." Hinata tells Naruto with a sad face.

Naruto kisses his wife, "Don't worry hun. I won't be long. I will be back before you know it." He then looks down at Boruto who is staring his father right in the eyes. "Take care of mommy okay little man." Boruto responds with a big goofy grin as Naruto tickles his belly.

Sasuke remains silent as he and Sakura watch on. He looks over at her, "You know...if you keep playing the quiet game with me, I'm never going to be able to leave for my mission." Sakura looks up at him with a soft smile. "Its just...I'm going to miss you."

Sasuke raises Sakura's face to meet his. He speaks softly, "Don't worry. When we make it back to the village, you're going to become Mrs. Sasuke Uchiha and we'll be bonded forever. I promise." Sakura buries herself in his chest as he hugs her. "I have never said this to you directly..." he says walking away with Naruto. "...but..." he looks over his shoulder, "...I love you Sakura-chan."

Sakura hears sniffing and looks at Hinata and Boruto. Both have anime tears in their eyes.

"The feels Sakura...the feels..." Hinata says. (She has been around Naruto WAY too long.)

/time skip/

A few days before Naruto and Sasuke are suppose to leave and head home, they receive a messenger hawk.

Sasuke grabs the scroll and as he reads it more and more his eyes widen. He grunts and frowns and throws the scroll down torching it with Amaterasu. Naruto looks at him seriously, "How bad is it?"

Sasuke looks at his friend with his Mangekyo and spits coldly, "The war has started and Sakura's father was attacked by rogue ninja."

Naruto stands and activates Kurama's chakra. He looks over a Killer Bee. "Let's go Lord Bee." Killer Bee nods and the two take off.

Sasuke tells Naruto. "I'll meet you there. I'm going home to make sure the village is safe."

Sasuke arrives in the leaf village and a terrified and wounded Konohamaru stumbles to him. "Sasuke. Some weird guy is attacking the village and with some sort of sky justu." Sasuke nods. "Take some of my chakra. Go help everyone get to safety. I'll tend to the intruders."

Sasuke creates two shadow clones. "Let's rock and roll."

The real Sasuke lands on top of the Hokage mountain and glares at his nemesis. "I don't know who you are. And I don't care. But you WILL leave this village. Dead or severely injured."

The large man with orange hair looks at him. "Oh. An Uchiha? Well, this victory will be my greatest one yet."

Sasuke closes his eyes, "Bad choice." In a flash, his sword is lunged deep into the guy's heart. The man spits up blood as he looks at Sasuke with fear. "No one I have ever faced is this fast.." he says.

Sasuke smirks, "Well...you should be glad you didn't meet my brother or the father of my best friend." He laughs and yanks his sword out. In one swift move he swings and decapitates the man. He looks down at the severed head, "No more games Orochimaru. Why are you here?"

The snake clone scatters away and the real Orochimaru appears.

"Answer me this. Why are you so focused on protecting the village you once wanted to destroy?" Orochimaru asked. Sasuke deactivates his Mangekyo. "This is my home and most of all, my best friend and future wife are here. I will protect them at all costs. Against anyone."

Orochimaru smiles. "Well. Guess I'm assisting you then. Let's go end this war."

Sasuke smirks. "Will do. Master."