Chapter 5

Tavia

I couldn't process the amount of hate I had for her. I left school early that day after what she did at lunch. Twiggy and Olivia told me to stay and forget about it but, I let Jade get under my skin and that's how it's always been. As hard as I try she's always one step ahead of me and just when I thought I caught up to that bitch she's air lifted to the finish line.

I laid in my bed deciding if I should go to school today or not because It was just a Friday and it wouldn't hurt anything. I heard a soft knock on my door and jumped out of the bed. My mother's head popped in, her brown hair was in large curls she wore a white women suit and nude heels the sun beaming through my window made her eyes glow she walked in and sat down on my bed.

"Are you ready to tell me why you skipped school yesterday, Octavia?" She folded her arms and waited patiently for a reply. My back was turned to her facing the dresser in my room she cleared her throat indicating she was still waiting for an answer.

"No reason" My back still turned to her I struggled telling her the real reason.

"So, You think it's okay to leave campus whenever you feel like it now?" Her tone changed as she got up from the bed and I turned around.

I shook my head.

"Well, when your ready to tell me the real reason you skipped I'm here If not, you're not leaving this house this weekend." She waited for a while and started walking out the door.

"Wait!" I softly shouted.

"The reason...The reason I skipped school is because someone brought up Xavier in front of everyone and I didn't do anyt-" I was interrupted by her.

"I know what happened. Your sister told me everything." She said placing her hand on my shoulder. I felt like I wanted to cry again.

"I asked you to see if you would confess to it. That's all I needed to know. Your brother made his choice he chose the streets over us and that's not my fault, your fault, your father's nor Marie." She kissed me on my forehead and stroked my hair. I whispered I'm sorry to her as she hugged me and I felt some tears flooding my eyes.

"You're strong and beautiful don't let anyone drag you down. Have a good day at school." She kissed my forehead again and walked out my room and shortly after Marie (a.k.a Twiggy) came in. I assumed she was listening the entire time.

"Dad left early this morning. He said he didn't wanna wake you up." Her soft voice let out while she stood in the corner of my room poised.

"I heard his car." I said putting my hair into a ponytail.

"Oh. I'm sorry I told mama." She quietly said.

"It doesn't really matter." I shrugged. The room was quiet for a while and she just stood in the corner watching me get ready.

"You just finna stare at me all day." I said.

She walked out the room slowly.

I wasn't mad at her and had no interest in what she did. I'm used to her always budding into my life and trying to tell my whole business to my mother and father. I was ready for the day to end. I was ready for the school year to end. I was ready to leave this town for good.

Jade

I woke up with his arms wrapped around my naked body and the room lit up by the sun. I squinted until my vision came back to me. I looked at my phone and saw the time I squeezed out of his grip and leaped out of bed and ran into the shower. Half of me was disappointed with what I had done and then again the other half obviously didn't give a fuck just like how no one never gave a fuck bout me.