Chapter 17

Caleb

I wasn't the happiest when Tavia had brought up the idea of meeting with her parents. The whole idea was being played out in my mind the whole ride home. I was thinking about what her dad was gonna say when he had seen me I was afraid that the old man might throw me in jail. I pulled up to the parking lot of my apartment and grabbed my gym bag and made my way up the stairs. I reached into my pocket me grabbed my keys as I approached the door.

"Caleb?" When I heard my name being called I jumped a little and dropped my keys. I picked it up off the floor and slowly turned around
"Annalise?" I was shocked in place.
"I thought you—"
"Died? I thought I'd be too." She calmly said. Everyone believed that Jade's mom had been dead since she disappeared a while back and without a trace. I couldn't grasp the fact the she wasn't. Nothing was making sense in this town anymore.
"Does Jade know that you're back?" I asked.
"No, she doesn't and you can't tell anyone" She informed. I nodded my head and wasn't actually sure that I could keep something big like that from anyone, but I had knew what the lady was capable of and didn't want to test her.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

"I'm going to find out who killed my son and then I'm going to kill that person" She stated.

"Why you telling me this?" I said glaring at her.

"I believe you're the one who killed Caleb and when the cops find enough evidence to convict you, I'll kill you before you even feel the walls closing in on you" She smiled. A cold chill had ran deeply down my spine and dropped. I could feel my pulse racing with the anger inside of me building up.

"Am I supposed to be scared?" I asked.

"Oh no, baby" She let out a small laugh.

"It was a heads up. Now, being scared is up to you. If you tell anyone of this talk or of me being back, I'll make sure Tavia leaves this town in a coffin." She smirked and left, I was standing there for about two minutes gathering my thoughts before I could open the door and go inside my apartment. I was debating whether to call Tavia and cancel tonight based on what just happened. I didn't know what to expect or to do I was already worried bout tonight.

Tavia

"... Are you stupid? Mr. V gonna kill Caleb." Olivia said rolling around on my bed.

"No he's not. My dad's not that bad." I said trying ease the fact that my dad wouldn't like the idea of me and Caleb together.

"Not bad? He told your last boyfriend that if he ever broke your heart he would break his neck," She giggled.

"I was 12" I said.

"That makes it worse. You can't say that to a 12 year old." She intoned.

"Whatever. Whatchu think of this one?" I asked twirling around in the Sleeveless Blue Dress I had accompanied with Black Suede Flats and a Cocoa Lucinda Tassel Bib Necklace. I admired myself in the mirror before turning around to face Olivia and her judgement.

"Biiiitttttccchhhh! You look like my mom." She laughed.

"Really? It's that bad?" I drawled taking a look at the mirror again.

"If you going to a meeting, but other than that... Yeah It's bad." She informed. She got up from the bed and walked over to my closet and started rummaging through the clothes. I sat on the bed and awaited her to choose what she wanted me to wear.