Chapter 6

Caleb

The way I see Monroe, I mean it ain't that bad. Half of my family graduated from here and I plan on doing the same thing. It wasn't that much of white folks around hea. Prolly, juh a hand full of em. I liked it here, It was a place where I stood out. Three quarters of these niggas at this school scared of me because, they know who run the streets of West Hill cuh if you frontin in school on me juh know that I'mma get yo ass and beat the shit out of you. Simple.

"Wassup man" A tall guy past me and shook my hand.

"Yo, Big Cal always stay stuntin on these hoes" Warren joked as he patted me on the back and walked off.

"You already know!" I laughed.

"Hey Caleb!" A group of girls waved at me as I past by. I flashed a smiled at them which sent them into giggles and sending air kisses.

As I walked down the hall people stopped to talk to me, greet me, and most of the thirsty girls here just flirted wid me. I ain't mad because some of em hella cute but, Ion like girls who open up their legs to anyone. I need someone loyal,funny and confident at the same time. Now, I think I found her. Just hopin lil shawty will open up her eyes and see that I actually care for her.

Tavia

I noticed him staring at me as he walked to his locker, I rolled my eyes and he started laughing. I hate him. The way he looked at me. The way he made me feel when I'm around him. The way he thinks I'm secretly in love with him. Lies.

I stood at some locker and started going through my phone. I had notifications and messages from people. I caught a glimpse of one from Olivia tellin me to meet her in the bathroom after 2nd block. I looked on my Snapchat and saw some people wanted to add me. I scrolled through them quickly but stopped when I saw Caleb's. I added him and sent him a message with a mean glare and asking him Why The Fuck You Stalking Me? I replied back to Olivia and went to my Instagram and started stalkin Jacquees's Instagram account. 25 weeks in, I looked up and saw Reese standing in front of me waiting.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I moved away letting him go into his locker.

"So, Wassup?" He said reaching for his book.

"Nothin, You?"

"You kno, survivin this school and It's drama" He joked.

"Amen" We started laughing. He was really cute and charming. His dimples showed every time he smiled and It made him even much cuter. Something has to be off about him. I mean you can't be that cute and not have something wrong about you. He dressed extremely nice and clean. His voice was so calm and I felt comfortable around him. I usually don't feel comfortable around Monroe boys. I looked over at a guy with his hands stuck down his pants walking down the hall.

"Are you gay?" I was surprised when the words escaped my lips. He looked at me in a weird way.

"I mean it in the nicest way possible" He still looked at me weird. I felt that he was going to punch me. I closed my eyes for a while.

"I'm straight" He said calmly.

"Okay, I just wanted to know. Because, you're really cute and so normal y-"

"I get it" He interrupted.

Now, I feel bad about myself. It wouldn't even matter but, I had to ask. From now on keep your mouth shut. There was silence between us for a while. I just stared at the people having random conversations.

"Well, I'll catch you later." He walked off into the crowd. I mouthed "I'm Sorry" as he walked off. I'm done with myself. I pulled out my phone and saw Caleb's reply to my message. He sent a picture of him coverin half of his face and captioned only way i could see more of u