Chapter 13

A/N :: This is like a mid finale of the series. This chapter was really fun to write and I hope you really enjoy it. It's full of so much suspense as Jade is in desperate need to find out who killed her brother and Tavia and Caleb's relationship is tested. Secrets will be revealed. Everyone's trying not to get caught in their own Web of Lies.

Caleb

I went to the trap house after seeing the way Tavia was acting. I was trying to help and actually be there for her because, I thought that was the right thing to do. I turned off my phone because I figured she'll call and I didn't feel like dealing with anymore drama. I had a reputation. I made 15k today alone. I had my boys find Bobbie and get my money from him. I don't know if the nigga still living but, Ion give a fuck either cuz I don't play bout my weed. We almost had got caught today by 12. None of us ain't trying to go back to jail. My boys know that if we ever get caught we gettin 20 fo sure. I've done some things I ain't proud of. I've taken other folks lives and didn't give a shit. I wasn't happy with what happened that night. I took someone away from they family. I have no one there for me right now, except Tavia and my boys.

We had finished trapping early today. I gave them their share of the money and walked back to my car. I had parked it under Holloway Bridge and the orange street lights above shined on it. I leaned against the door and turned on my phone. To my expectations, It was blowing up with missed calls and text messages from Tavia. I glanced at them and shook my head. I wasn't ready to talk to her yet but, I wanted to see her. I decided I was just going to go home and sleep on it. I would talk to her tomorrow. I slid my phone into my back pocket and got in the car. As I started it my phone buzzed from underneath, I reached it out and saw that it was a message from a blocked number.

Monroe Heights. Track Field. Let's play. xox

Tavia

We walked to the parking lot of the school. I was scared about this but, Olivia said that it was probably just the seniors throwing a secret party on the track field. Twiggy just tagged along to get out of the house because my mom was doing her late night Zumba training. It was dark out there. None of the street lights worked except for one that was extremely dim and the moon glowed behind the school made it more haunting.

"How come no cars are parked here?" I question Olivia since she thought that it was a party.

"They probably parked down the block. So, the cops won't think they're trespassing." She replied as we followed close behind her.

"But they are trespassing" Twiggy informed. Olivia mugged her. Our school looked so peaceful in the night. You'd think that smart, classy people attend here and that we don't  fight and do drugs. The "NO SMOKING ALLOWED" sign was vandalized last year when a kid crossed out the "NO" in it. They still haven't fixed it. I shook my head as we passed by it. The principals car was always vandalized last year too but, now his wife gives him a ride and the students just park in his space.Guess he got tired of writing police reports. Some people joked that the station had a picture of him for "Caller of the Year!". That man goes through so much.

We made it to the back of the school. A fence stood between us and it, I glanced at the "No Trespassing" sign and started to feel guilty.

"Give me a lift" Olivia looked at me and Twiggy.

"Excuse me?" Twiggy furrowed her brows.

"Got a better idea?" She replied.

"Yeah. Let's go home" I jumped in before Twiggy replied.

"Don't you wanna know what's happening?" She asked letting go of the fence.

"Not really. For all we know it could be someone trying to kill us. Haven't you've seen Scream!?" I replied. I was starting to get really scared because the wind kept hitting the wind chimes outside of the art room door.