Chapter 16

Tavia

"I can't believe that they actually believe that bitch" Olivia grumbled.

"Neither can I. We have to forget about this and move on with our lives. It's done with."  I replied while keeping an eye on the classroom clock. I was ready to go home and take a long nap and prepare for what was to come tomorrow. Olivia sat turned in her seat with her stuff on the side of the table awaiting for the bell to ring so she could leave.

"It's not since Caleb is still a primary suspect" She put in. I looked at her and furrowed my brows but she didn't notice. I didn't know if she was trying to make me feel bad about myself or just thinking without speaking as usual.

"Oh.  I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking" She slowly apologized. I nodded. 

"I'm just so angry, you know?" She looked down at the floor, "I'm sorry." She apologized again.

"It's o—" 

"Don't forget your essays that are due on Friday! Enjoy the rest of your day." The bell rang and everyone rushed out. I grabbed my phone from my purse and turned it on. Olivia stood up and grabbed her shoulder bag and waited for me by the door. My phone buzzed and I looked at the message preview on the dimmed screen.

Caleb :

Finish talkin to the principal. Meet me at my car. I'll give you a ride.

Me :

Okay. I have to talk to you bout something.

I slipped the phone back into my purse and walked out with Olivia. We stopped at my locker to wait for Twiggy to meet us. She walked down the hall holding hands with Reese and stopped in the middle to kiss him goodbye. I guess she didn't want to bring him down the hall with me and Olivia seeing that we don't really like him or can tolerate him. She smiled her happy ass toward us.

"Why didn't you bring him down?" Olivia mocked her and I started giggling a bit but stopped once she looked at me. 

"Ha ha. I know you guys don't like him but, I do and that's all that matters." She stated.

"Good for you" I giggled. 

"Come on let's go before we miss Jerry Springer" Olivia said grabbing me and Twiggy's hands and leading us down the hall to the main entrance. She let us go when we reached the front door noticing that people had started talking about us now. I rolled my eyes and walked off to the parking lot.

"I'm getting a ride a with Caleb. You guys want one?" I asked stopping.

"Naw. You guys need to be alone." Twiggy smiled. I looked at Olivia and she smiled and nodded. I hugged them both and watched them walk off the other direction and shortly after Caleb's car pulled up in front of me and I walked around to get inside. I could feel the eyes glaring at through the car window. Monroe folks had no life. 

"You alright?" He asked while pulling out of the school.

"Yeah" I replied.

"What did you wanna talk bout?" He questioned.

"Oh, yeah. I couldn't get what I did to you out of my head and I know you said it's alright but your going through so much because of me and I had an idea." I began explaining to him my plan and how I wanted things to go back to the way it was. I never intended for any of this to happen and if I could take it back I would have.