Chapter 9

Tavia

I walked into the house and still had chills for the kiss. It was unexpected and I wasn't planning on it or even planning on liking the date. I leaned against the front door and started replaying the night in my head until the kiss. I started daydreaming about other things about him. I didn't know what he went through was so tough and that he actually has a nice side. I shook when I heard my father clearing his throat and glaring at me.

"Hey, Daddy" I gave him a hug but he didn't move to hug me back.

"Where have you been?" He asked as I pulled back from the back.

"I was at...at Olivia's house studyin" I lied.

"You were?"  He raised an eyebrow.

"Yup" I said nervously.

"Which part?" He questioned.

"Excuse me?" A confused look came upon my face.

"You just said that you were at Olivia's house and I was just wondering which part because she came here looking to know if you already left for your date" He narrowed his eyes and cocked his head to the side.

"Isn't that right, Olivia?" He called out. I felt ashamed when I saw Olivia walk out of the living room and she gave me a apologetic look. I knew that I was going to get into big trouble for lying and not telling them where I was going.

"Yes, sir" She softly said.

"Ah yes. Olivia get into the car so I can drive you home, at least you let your parents know where you are." He said trying to make me feel guilty and I already did.

"I'm sorry" Olivia whispered into my ear as she walked out the door. "I'll call" she added.

"When I come back I'll let you decide your punishments." He said calmly but, you know that voice your parents be using when they mad at you but either someone is there or they trying to find god before they kill you so they use that fake voice. I was worried because, my dad's punishments wasn't nice but, he is so that's why they didn't last long. I wondered where my mother and Twiggy was.

"Mom?" I called out walking into the living room.

"Over here, baby" She said, she was watching TV on the couch and Twiggy was asleep on the floor covered with a blanket.

"Come sit." She scooted over the patted the couch. I walked over and slouched in and placed my head on her shoulder she placed her hands around me.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Marie told me. Then again, I watched you leave and you weren't headed to Olivia's house." She smiled.

"You weren't gonna tell dad?" I asked again.

"No way. I used to do the same to my parents." She laughed. I started laughing too. I haven't gotten along with my mother like this for a while now. I believe that I'm not the only teenage girl that doesn't get along with her mother.

We talked bout my night and made fun of Twiggy saying things while she was asleep. I laughed so hard at the things we were talking about that my stomach started hurting.

"So, he kissed you?" She asked gleefully.

"YES!" I couldn't help screaming in joy. A smile came upon my face. Our conversation seized when my dad walked into the living room and gestured me to follow him into the kitchen. I looked at my mom and she nodded me to follow him.

He was already seated at the table and had his reading glasses. I knew he wasn't playing. I took a seat across from him and put my head down.

"You know how this works, Octavia." He said.