Chapter 14

Tavia

"We're going to need you to come to the station for a statement". He placed his pen into his perfectly ironed shirt pocket. I looked dead. There was so much terror in my eyes after what happened. An ambulance pulled out of the parking with Jade in it. She's officially lost it. I looked around and saw the others standing with their heads lowered down. I didn't know what to do after this. Caleb would never forgive me.

"Tavia!" I slowly turned around and saw my Dad. He sped over to me and hugged me. I started crying on his shoulders. Everything was my fault. I didn't know what Jade was planning and I didn't think it would be something this awful. I pulled away and saw Caleb talking to a cop. He looked at me and turned back. He hated me. I hated myself too.

"I'm going to call your mom. Gonna let her know you and your sister are okay". He patted my shoulder and walked off to the sidewalk. Olivia came and hugged me tightly. I wanted to cry some more but, didn't want her to start crying too.

"It's my fault" I snuffled.

"No it's not, baby. Stop letting yourself believe that. Nothing happened, we're all alive". She comforted. I was going to let myself think that it was all my fault. What if Jade did shoot Caleb tonight? What would I say for myself?

"Adrien is waiting on me in the parking lot. I'll call you tomorrow" She kissed my forehead and took off. I looked over to my dad and he was still on the phone. I guess my mom wanted to hear more about what happened. I looked for Caleb but he wasn't there anymore. The others had left too, I was left with the flashing blue and red lights. I walked over to my dad's SUV where Twiggy was fast asleep against the window. How could she sleeep? I still had tonight on my mind. I was ready to go home and try hard to get over it. I heard twigs rustling and turned around quick, someone was watching me. The unknown person saw that I had noticed and quickly took off the other direction. I looked at my dad who was now talking to one of the cops and took off behind the person. I ran through the back part of the school and was led to a park, I stood and looked around, the unidentified individual stopped and turned around letting me see who it was and walked off quickly. Mrs. Parrish. It wasn't possible. She disappeared. Jade's mom disappeared years ago. We thought she was dead. I was hallucinating. I didn't see her. It's not real.

I told my mom more about what had happened tonight. She started talking about how much she didn't like Jade anymore and glad that we stopped being friends. I took a shower but, I just stood under the hot water and let it run until it ran out. I want today to be over. Enjoy the winter break or at least try to. I laid in bed and stared at the blank ceiling. It's going to be a long night.

1 month later...

Caleb

I spent the whole winter break in and out of the station. I'm the first suspect in the killing of Cole and with my history I could go to prison. I didn't kill him. No one believes the kid with the drug/violence problem. There is no evidence against me, yet. Jade has been seeing a shrink from what I been hearing. They haven't questioned her cause she "supposedly" forgot what happened so, I guess they're questioning the folks that were there. I'm scared for my life. I have to do whatever takes to make them believe I'm innocent. I ain't talk to Tavia since that night, I didn't blame her and I wasn't mad at her. During this kind of time, I needed her the most. I fucked up. I imagined Monroe tomorrow being filled with annoying ass kids waiting for me to walk through that door and start with their remarks and questions. I could not show up but, I have to keep myself out of trouble until the cops stop monitoring me.