Chapter 5

That night we had dinner together, and we didn't speak about what I have told him. He was probably shocked. I understand. We sat in silence. No one spoke. I was scared, maybe he was too? But hell I wanted to hold him. Hold him in my sleep. Feeling safe in his arms. Like I always was.

"Castle?" I finally managed to break this akward silence. He looked up.

"Tell me, what's it?" He said in a caring voice.

"Do you mind sleeping next to me tonight? I am scared."

"it's my job to protect you. To help you. And yes, now we have grown closer. Kate, tonight I will sleep next to you. Promised!" He said. So sweet. Damn. I want to kiss him so badly. But right now. I didn't want to. After my story that I told him about Josh. No. Thanks.

"Thank you Rick. I owe you for everything that you ever did for me. Including this." I said, and he reached for my hand. I gave him what he wanted. And he slowly, and gently stroked my hand. Giving me comfort.

When we finished dinner, he offered to wash up. But I was to stubborn to say no, and I didn't want him to do it alone. But instead of sending me away. He picked me up, trowing me onto my bed. And tickling me. Causing me to scream in laughter. I couldn't control myself anymore, I started to kick around. And laughed even more. He laughed too. But one kick caused him to fall off the bed. I shocked, and jumped off the bed. Kneeling down next to him, still a little out of my breath I watched him. He didn't respond.

"Castle?" I whispered. No answer. "Castle!" I whispered a little harder. No answer.. "CASTLE!!" No answer. What the hell? Did I kick him that hard?! Come on! It was his ass, his very cute ass. But still, it was his ass. I tried to shook him awake. Nothing happened. In just a minute I could get a heavy, bad panickattack. Neither one if us wanted me to have. I crawled back, leaning against the doorframe. Hiding my head onto my knees. Not looking at him would help. But what if he really was unconscious?!

"Kate? Kate! You alright?" Someone crawling to me, I still had my head down. But a gentle hand made me looking up. Meeting his eyes. I immediately trew my arms around him. Holding him tight.

"Never! Never do that again!!" I cried into his shoulder. He stroked my back, to comfort me.

"I would never do that. I didn't know you could have a near panickattack. I am sorry. I just wanted to "play" with you, you know?"

"I get what you mean by now. But next time maybe you're dying, or something. Right?" I said, still crying.

"No! Kate, I would never ever do that again. I promise! And I would never leave you." He said. Still holding me, rubbing my back. And giving me the comfort I really needed. "Dry your tears babe." As he said, I did. I looked at him, and he smiled. "Even when you have cried. You're still my gorgeous girl." Now I was needing to smile. His sweet words. Every time. His soft touch. He would never let me go. "Okay, now. You go to the couch, And maybe you could throw some wood in the fireplace? Then it's getting warm here, ohh! And then we can roast marshmallows!"

"Sounds like a plan. If we have marshmallows!" I said, chuckling.

"I have them. Don't you worry." He helped me up from the ground, and we slowly walked back to the little cabins living room. I took some of the wood, and carefully laid it down in the fireplace. I started some fire. And Immediately it was getting a little warmer. I kept my hands above it. Because the bedroom was freezing cold by now. When Rick was done doing the dishes. He joined me. He even had his marshmallows and some wooden sticks. We gathered some marshmallows on the sticks, and held them above the fire.

We where sitting there whole night, until the fire went out. I got cold, and we decided to go to bed. But when we both had take one step into the room. We immediately jumped out the room. The little living room was so warm.

"I have an Idea! Wait here." Rick said, leaving me standing by the couch. And he ran into the bedroom. And came back with the mattress. "We are sleeping here tonight. It's way warmer in here."

"We can remove the couch and the coffee table, and then we sleep near the fireplace. That would be warmer!" I suggested, and so we removed the couch. And the table a side. Laid the mattress down, take our pillows and blankets. And we crept into the bed. I rested my head on Rick's chest. He draws circles on my back. After a few minutes of silence. My eyes closed, and I was far away.

Sorry! It took me a long while to write! Because My school was stressing me out on some point. Well, I will try to update more❤️