Chapter 14

The next morning I woke up. And I realized I was sleeping on Kate's pillow. Well not hers. But her side of my bed. Her cherry smell was all over the pillow. I miss her. I didn't want to stand up. I want to stay here. Inhaling her scent. Her cherry scent. With that in my mind, I could see her. Like she was here. I just was with her right now. Oh wait a second? I need to go to her! What if she's missing me? Or not remembering me?! Oh my...

I jumped up, and took a quick shower. Brushed my teeth, and when I walked into the living room. My mother and Alexis where sitting there.

"Morning Darlin! Want some coffee?" Mother asked.

"Sure." I said, and walked to the kitchen. And took place on one of the barstools. Mother handed me my cup, and I just cracked a smile.

"Dad? You would update us." Alexis said, and sat down next to me.

"Yes! Of course. But it's not that easy.."

"Oh Richard! Is it that bad?"

"Dad! What happened?!"

"Kate had water filled lungs. And passed out. But top of the cake. She had braincancer. They are trying to get it out, but it's really big. With a lot of danger they do everything they can." I said, and 2 shocked faves where pointing on me. "And she will have bad memory loss. And she might have nine months to live.. If the tumor can't get out.."

"Oh dear!" Mother said. "We all have to support her. And I will! I will be there for Katherine. I will be her Mother that she doesn't have anymore."

"I will support her too. She don't deserve this. We all know she's strong, but this is going really far. I understand her when she can't do this. So, I am in for support." Alexis said, and holds my hand.

"You guys are great! And we will help her through. Together!" Mother walked around, and we pulled in for a Castle Family hug.

Later that morning I went to the hospital. Kate was sleeping. They told me they took out a small piece of the Tumor. But they couldn't get it out. Not yet.

I was holding her hand. And she just bot noticed. Would she remember me? Would she know who I was? But hey! I am her ruggedly handsome boyfriend! Who is also a best selling author! And she is, just everything to me.... I hoped she came to me before. But she didn't. And it's okay. But really if I had her earlier. This was maybe all never happened. Not Josh. Not the shot. Not all the bad things. I could have protect her more. But we didn't. Maybe we weren't made for each other first place. It's okay.

"Castle." A low, almost whispering voice said. I knew it was Kate. It must me. So I looked up, and her eyes slowly opened.

"Hey there!" I said with a smile. "You remember me?"

"Of course I do.. How should I forget you?" She said, in a vulnerable voice. She was damn broken.

"I don't know, but hey. I am here. And so are you."

"What do you mean?" She narrowed her eyebrows. Nice set Castle.

"Oh, you passed out you know?"

"I do. But there's more that you're not telling. I can see it in your eyes. I am not stupid."

"No you're not. But. Promise me not to hate me."

"I have hated you enough. So tell me." I took a deep breath.

"Kate. You have brain cancer.." She shocked, and immediately tears cane down. My poor girl....