Saving a life

Lauren and Ariana were usually, always ready for anything. Despite it being a family outing, they were armed under their civilian clothes. Even Camila who was just a social worker, was armed, used to carrying a weapon in her purse.

Once the shots were heard, everyone jumped under the table, desperate to take cover from the flying bullets.

Camila had ducked under the table, but she felt Lauren throw her body over her in a attempt to protect her.

Its natural to close your eyes when shots are heard, but Camila ripped her eyes open when she felt something hit Lauren's back, knowing exactly what it was. Looking over to Ariana and Sean, her heart broke at the view of both parents. Sean had attempted to protect his wife, but took a bullet to his side, and another stray hit his head, killing him instantly. Ariana, who looked like she had been reaching for her weapon, was stuck under her husband, frozen as a stray bullet had struck her face. Both parents gone, and bullets were still flying.

From how many bullets were going, Camila knew the guns were automatics, and the thought made her gut twist.

The bullets slowed and she strained to hear the words coming from the gang members.

"Saw a kid go in the back to the bathroom, you should light her up G. She was with the cops, so its probably their kid." A short Man called out excited.

Camila thought of Ericka, and looked around at all the people that loved her that were now dead, and she knew that she couldn't let this family lose more than it already had. She quickly searched Lauren, and noticed she was still breathing however slowly, and had her gun in her hand. Camila took the gun, took off the safety, and quickly scanned the table, noticing it wasn't bolted to the floor.

Seeing two members go to check the rest room, Camila knew she had to act now. Flipping the table over, she started firing at the five gang members like she was back to playing duck hunters.

She shot the two closest to the bathroom, and threw herself back under the table, barely missing the bullets planting themselves in the metal table tops. She mentally reminded herself she had three men left, and prayed her security team or police officers were close enough.

Throwing a glance to the front door, she recognized her best friend Dinah and her head of security crouched next to the door, ready to enter once there was a reasonable distraction. Seeing a way to end this, Camila picked up a silver napkin container, and used it as a mirror to see were the three men were. Two were behind the counter, and one was under a table much like Camila's.

Camila knew she had to be a bit risky if she wanted to save Ericka, and possibly Lauren. So she searched Ariana's body, holding back the tears that were begging to be shed for the wonderful mother that she had just met, and liked so much. She took her weapon, taking it off safety, and promised a bullet in each of their bodies for her and her husband. Most importantly, she silently swore, she would save her daughter, if it was the very last thing she did.

She gripped both guns in her hand, and looked at the front door again, seeing her best friend, and head of security, she quickly motioned for them to get ready, before shoving herself up and firing at both area's where the gang members were hiding. She fired, not giving them a second to fire back, giving Dinah and many of her security team the opportunity to rush inside, once Camila ran out of bullets, the gang members popped up, surrounded by officers, and body guards pointing their weapons at them. Seeing there was no way to take them all, the gang members surrendered, and were immediately cuffed.

"Where's the ambulance?" Shouted Camila pressing her hand against Lauren's back and side to slow the bleeding.

"I'll get them!" Dinah called rushing outside.