Fuck now, date later?

Three weeks had passed slowly for Lauren as she lounged around resting as everyone had been anxios to see her do. Yes she was frustrated at her slow rate of healing, but as she followed her physical therapy regimine, and started putting on much needed pounds, she noticed how much better she was starting to feel. Her energy was increasing and so was her stamina much to her delight.

Clara and Mike were so grateful for the change in Lauren, they treated Camila like a honorary member of their family, both completely endeared to the woman for her amazing persuasive skills when it came to Lauren.

When Lauren was feeling restless and needed extra exercise, Camila exercised with her, setting limits as to not allow the detective to strain herself. She made sure Lauren spent plenty of time with Ericka, giving the teen the attention she desperately needed, and even kept the Latina updated in the case, so she felt involved.

Almost a month after the training room break down, Lauren was still injured, but good enough to be considered able to go back to work, provided she take it very easy. Even though she was on desk duty, she was incredibly grateful for the chance to leave the mansion.

She had been a little annouyed at first, with the thought of body guards following her, but after living with them for so many weeks, she saw them as almost an extension of the police force.

Ericka struggled with Lauren going back to work though...

When Lauren announced at dinner that she was cleared for at least desk duty, Ericka fled the dinning room almost in tears, leaving a shocked and confused Lauren sitting at the table with the household.

"Whats wrong?" Lauren asked the table.

Stacy glared down at her plate and whispered,"She doesn't want you to go back. She thinks your gonna die like her mom, she was hoping you wouldn't want to be a cop anymore so she wouldn't have to worry about losing you too."

Camila and Clara watched Lauren's face fall, as she put her fork down slowly.

"Just talk to her Mija, help her understand why you want to go back." Mike said quietly.

Lauren nodded, excusing herself from the table and heading towards the elevator.

Once she reached Ericka's room she head soft crying, and quickly opened the door, making the teen shoot her head up and glare at her.

Lauren had never seen Ericka throw the kind of fit she was about to, and couldn't have prepared herself for the teenagers harsh reaction.

Ericka picked up the pillow laying on the bed next to her and flung it at Lauren harshly.

"Get out! If you wanna go die then just go! Say hi to mom for me!" Screamed Ericka hysterically.

Lauren bit down the harsh words wanting come out, because she couldn't be mad at the complete hysteria Ericka was experiencing as fear gripped her.

Lauren walked to her side, when Ericka started to strike her front angrily.

"No Go! Is being with me so bad that you have to rush out and try to get yourself killed!" Ericka sobbed out with every weak blow.

Tears pricked Lauren eyes, as she gently gripped Ericka's arms to stop her from hitting her, and pulled the sobbing teen into her arms.

Ericka pushed to get as far away from her Aunt as she could, only to completely collapse in her arms, gripping her as if she would vanish in thin air.

"Don't go back! Please don't go back! Don't you love me? Can't you just stay with me? Why am I not enough for you to stay?" Cried Ericka soaking Lauren's shirt with her tears.