Scares and meaningful words

Lauren was sitting at her desk at the precinct, annouyingly filing paper work when her boss taped her desk making her jump.

"My office now." ordered Simon grumpily.

Lauren eagerly hopped up and followed him. After two weeks of nothing but desk work, she was willing to do anything outside the precinct.

Once they were inside the office, he shut the door behind her, motioning her to sit, as he made his way behind his desk.

"Your staying at the Cabello mansion correct?" asked Simon tiredly, as he leaned back in his chair frowning.

Lauren frowned in turn, not sure where he was getting at.

"Yeah. My family and Ariana's daughter is staying there with a bunch of the families that were targeted." Lauren said tensley.

Simon nodded, and said,"We got another threat for Cabello. Now I'm only telling you this because besides the very impressive force she has guarding her, she is becoming a very desperate target for these idiots. We need our people aware and on guard. They haven't attacked the mansion because lets be honest, that would be suicide. But since she has denied to give up her social work, she is basically walking around with a very large target on her back. I've heard you and your family are close to her. Is that right?"

"Yes, we've grown close these past couple months. I've only really known her for about a month and a half, but she's important to us." Lauren replied honestly, her chest tightening at the thought of Camila in danger.

"Good. I need you to convince her to take a vaction from work. Now I know from her stubborness, she won't stop working for the Cabello group, but her constant appearance around these dangerous neighbor hoods is a serious risk. Not just to her but for the civilians around her." Simon said sternly.

Fear gripped Lauren, as she asked,"What happened? Something must of happened for you to be this concerned. Where is Camila?"

Simon pinched his nose in frustration and said,"Her Hummer was shot up in a drive by. She's currently on her way back to the mansion under heavy guard. She's okay, but she took a hard hit to the side of her head from the car that had smashed into them before and that was before they were sprayed with bullets. She refused going to the hospital, and demanded to be taken home, where she said a doctor would see her."

Lauren shot up from her seat, rushing to the door, ignoring the shouts from her boss, the only thing on her mind was seeing Camila was truly okay.

As she raced outside, the body guard waiting for her rushed to her side as they covered her before helping her into the Hummer.

"Take us home now!" Lauren ordered in a panic, before checking her phone, cursing herself as she realized she had missed so many calls from Ericka, Camila and her mother.

Having her phone on silent had been stupid, and she would definately beat herself up over it later, but for now she only prayed Camila was truly fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lauren was out of the hummer before it even came to a stop, racing threw the door seeing everyone gathered in the living room.

Not seeing Camila, Lauren boomed,"Where is Camila!"

"She was taken to her room." Harry answered glaring at the cup in his hands.

Lauren sped through the many people in the living room towards the elevator, slamming her hand down on the key pad, pissed that it wasn't working fast enough.

Once she was in the elevater, she shook as it took her up to her level.

Once the doors opened,  she ran straight for Camila's room, slamming the door open, scaring everyone as she panted, glaring at everyone in the room.