Chapter ten

• Didedikasikan kepada James Davi

        I'm in the field again. This time it's very cold. It's so cold I feel like i'll freeze to death any second now. The flowers are dead and wilted. I look up at the sky to see dark clouds in the horizon. It looks like there will be a big thunder storm soon. I look around until I see the tree. It looks nothing like the tree in my other dreams. The tree has no leaves. It looks rotten and worn out. 

        As I step closer to the tree I start to see a figure. It's not just a black shape like before. I step even closer to where i'm about ten feet away from the tree. I see that the figure is me. I stand there staring at myself. I have no clue what to do. I see my other self shaking. I hear him crying and I see tears falling to the ground. I try to move my legs, but I can't. I can't move anything but my head. I open my mouth to say something, but I can't talk ether. I can only stand here and watch. A few seconds later I feel something hit my head. I look up and see that its raining.

        There is a flash of lightning close to me. Then I hear a twig snap. I look back at my other self and see a figure standing behind him. It appears to be a man. My other self doesn't seem to notice. A few seconds later, another figure walks up beside the first one. This one appears to be a female, but they both have masks on. It looks like the woman and the man are talking to each other. Then I see the man pull out a gun.

        I look back at where my other self was standing to see Zayn standing there instead of me. I immediately grow frightened for Zayn. I hear the thunder getting louder and louder. I turn back to see just the man and Zayn. Zayn turns around and finally notices the gun pointed right at his chest. I try to scream at Zayn to run away, but nothing comes out. It looks like Zayn is pleading for his life. I start to cry as I hear a loud boom and a flash of lightning. Then once again, everything turns black.

       I think I open my eyes, but I can't tell because everything is so white. I try to move, but I can't. I close my eyes for a minuet, then I open them again. I can see i'm in what looks like a hospital room. I look up to see a figure in black clothing standing at the foot of my bed. He or she is wearing a baby doll mask. I freak out as I try to move, but my wrist and ankles are strapped down to the bed. The person puts one finger to his or her lips and makes a "Shhhhhhh" sound.

        I faintly hear voices and foot steps getting closer to my room. The person seems to hear it too. The person lays a yellow rose on a table to my right. I hear the voices and foot steps getting closer and louder. The person quickly stuffs a piece of paper in my pillow then gives me a kiss on my fore head. Then he or she sneaks out the room. 

       I lay here in shock at what just happened. I don't even know whats going on. The last thing I remember is kissing Zayn. I jerk up forgetting I was strapped down and slam back on the bed. I whisper "Zayn........ I hope your okay...". I try as hard as I can to slip my right hand out of the strap to reach for my pillow to retrieve that paper. Katie bursts through the door before I can free my hand. She says "Oh my god! Your awake! Are you okay? I need to call the guys and tell them your awake".

      I stare at her in confusion. I say "Can you get these damn straps off of me. My wrist is burning from trying to slip out. And what the hell is happening?". I'm deciding not to tell Katie about the mystery person. It was probably an hallucination from the sleeping pills they've given me. She would think i'm crazy anyways. She looks at me with a sad face. She says "You fainted last night, at least we thought that's what happened". I look at her with more confusion. I say "What do you mean thought?".

      Her eyes fill with tears. She says "The doctors found traces of chloroform in your system". I give her a questioning look. She says "Chloroform is a drug that knocks a person out and possibly kill them". I am completely stunned. How did this happen? I say "So does this mean someone drugged me?". She nods her head. I say "But who could have done that?". She shakes her head and says "I don't know, What did you have to eat or drink last night after the restaurant?". I think about that for a minuet. I say "James gave me a bottle of water before I came down to see you guys in the living room". 

      Katie says "Are you sure? Was that the only thing you drank?". I say "Yes, i'm positive". She says "Okay, well I need to tell the doctors and police immediately. Then I will call the guys and tell them to get out the house as fast as possible". Katie puts the straps off of me then runs out the room to tell the doctors and police the news. I just can't believe that James could do something like that. I rub my wrist and wince in pain. Then I realize I forgot about the paper that is in my pillow.

       I reach back and grab my pillow. I find the piece of paper and un fold it. I'm surprised, because  there is a small key. On the paper there is just numbers. It has 5,20,5,18,14,9,20, and 25 written on it. I look back at the small cold key in my hand. The end of the key is shaped as a tree. I have no clue what this key could possibly go too. I lay the key beside the yellow rose and look back at the paper. I study it for what feels like a few minuets. Then I have a flashback of when I was seven. 

                                                                         *NINE YEARS AGO*

         I say "Thank you daddy" as he hands me breakfast. He says "Your welcome son, So what do you want to do since you have no school today?". I look at him while my mouth is stuffed with eggs. I swallow and say "We could make a secret code so we can talk to each other and make mommy, Aria, and Cody confused". My dad laughs and says "okay, I have an idea". He grabs a piece of paper and a pen. Then he starts to write number on them. He hands me the paper and I look at him with a stubborn look. He says "The numbers are letters, you see. One is A, two is B, three is C, and etc.". I nod and look at the piece of paper. It has 9,12,15,22,5, and 21 written on it. I smile and give my daddy a hug and say "I love you too".

                                                                         *Present*

          I smile as I remember the fun and goofy time with my father. I study the paper and figure out that it says "Eternity". I do it twice to make sure I was right the first time. I wonder what eternity is supposed to mean in this situation. I shrug my shoulders and throw the paper in the trash. That was just some crazy person playing a joke on me. I hope at least. I pick the rose up and smell it. It smells strangely like honey. I lay the rose down as I see Katie walking back in my room. Zayn is with her. It looks like he has been crying. Then I see cops walking behind them. I sigh and say "This is going to be a long night".