Chapter nineteen

My ears our ringing so badly. I can't hear anything. All I see is white. I can't feel any pain tho. I try to move what feels like my hands. I try to search around my body, but I can't even tell if I got shot. Am I dead? I can't tell. Everything is just a blur. My ears start to calm down a bit. I can hear some faint screaming. Something is holding on to me tightly. The whiteness starts to die down. I'm barley able to see Zayn holding me in a tight hug. 

        I think he is crying. I feel around, but I don't feel blood. The whiteness is almost all gone. I look around and see a body on the floor. I can't tell who it is, but there is blood all around it. I try my best to talk. I mumble "Zayn, What's going on?". He rocks me back and forth. He says "Shhh, don't talk". I lay my head down on his shoulder. I look back stage and see Katie crying. I see police and guards bursting through the doors. I look all the way to the back. I see a figure hiding in a corner. The figure slowly takes the mask off. Its a women. She looks very familiar. Wait. It can't be. It's my sister. And she is holding a gun. Then once again. Darkness surrounds me. 

         I wake up in a familiar bed. My eyes slowly adjusts to the light. I'm in the room I stayed in at One directions house. My head is killing me. I rub my hand on my head. I feel something touching me. I turn and see Zayn asleep on a chair pulled up beside me. His head is laying on his arms which is touching my side. I slowly pull my self up careful not to wake him. 

      Now what just happened? All I can remember is a loud bang and blood. Then Zayn crying and holding me. Oh! and my sister! She is alive. And she saved not only me, but Zayn too. Wait. Is Niall dead? Oh no. He must be dead. There was so much blood. He couldn't have survived, could he? I have to wake Zayn up. I shake him lightly on the shoulders. His head flies up in a state of panic. He says "Jake! Are you okay? Are you hurt? What the hell just happened?". 

     I say "I'm fine. Just a little head ache is all. And before I tell you this long story. Are you okay?". He smiles and makes a deep sigh. He says "Yeah, I was just freaked was all. You scared me so much. I thought I was going to lose you. When I heard you scream and jump in front of me, Then hear that gun shot. I thought he killed you". I say "Wait, what happened with Niall? Why arn't we hurt?". Of course I know why were not hurt, but I don't want to tell Zayn about my sister. Not yet. He frowns a bit. He says "He's in the hospital right now. He was shot by someone in the shoulder. He... he died about an hour ago. The boys are there now getting everything sorted out. The cops have no idea who shot Niall".

     He is dead. He was such a good person tho. Why did he half to do this. I don't know if i'm happy or sad about that. I think a bit of both. I say "Okay... before I tell you what happened, I want to do this". I slowly bring his face towards mine and give him a passionate kiss. He smiles and says "What was that for?". I slightly smile and say "I don't know when that will be the last time I can do that. So I want to do it as many times as I can". He kisses me again. He says "I love you". I say "I love you too".

                                                *End of telling story to Zayn*

      I take a deep breath as I finish the end of the story. I didn't tell him about my sister tho. Zayn says "I'm so sorry. If I knew that I would have protected you. I would have.... I would have done something". His eyes water a little bit. I say "You didn't know. Don't blame your self". He grins. He says "When this is over with, I want to take you some where". I give him a questioning look. I say "Should I be scared?". He smirks at me and says "Maybe".

                                               *Tells cops what happened. Now alone with Zayn in the car*

      Zayn is taking me to the tree. He said Aria told him about it. So he wanted to take me somewhere I could relax. Zayn parks the car at the bottom of the hill and turns to me. He says "I love you. Just remember that". I smile and say "I know. I'll never forget". We both open the car door and walk up the hill. I drop down and lean my head on the trunk of the tree.

       I close my eyes and take a deep breath of the outside world. I picture my friends and family in my head. Everyone smiling and laughing. I smile back at them. They all tell me they love me. I can feel a tear slowly crawl down my cheek from my right eye. Thank you everyone. I love you all so much. I open my eyes and see Zayn leaning beside me. He looks at me and smiles. He reaches in his coat pocket and takes something out. The he pulls me up and gets on his knee. Oh my god. Is he doing what I think he is doing? He opens the case and says "Jake, will you marry me?". I say the only word I can think of. I say "Yes".

                                                                          The End.