Chapter sixteen

I woke up hearing a loud noise. Then suddenly a body jumps on me. I say "Ughhh, Harry? What are you doing? Get off of me!". He looks really worried. He says "Sorry, but Zayn said that the person sending the letters was James". I look at him like he is joking. I say "That's impossible, how can he be in jail and write the letter at the club?". He rolls his eyes and says "Exactly, so James can't be the person. The cops say it was James all along. But we know it's not. What do we tell everyone?". I gasp. I say "No! We can't tell any one any thing. Not yet. The mystery person left a note on my desk saying If we tell and keep trying to find out who it is, then he'll hurt Zayn".

         He gives me an odd look. He says "Well what do we do next? How are we going to stop him?". I raise my eye brows. I say "Him?". He smiles and says "Well I assume it would be a him. A girl doing all this is more less likely then a guy". I nod and say "Well if you can, could you please get the hell off of me". He blushes and says "Oh crap, sorry. I forgot". I laugh and say "Yeah, okay. Well i'm going to go ahead and take a shower". I get off the bed and walk to the bathroom door. I turn and see he is still sitting on my bed. I stand here and stare at him. He says "Oh, yeah. sorry. I'm going now". I laugh as he walks out my room. 

             I walk down stairs after I finish up in the bathroom. I see Katie, Harry, and Liam sitting in the living room. Katie notices me and says "Hey Jake! Come over and sit with us". I walk over and sit down between Katie and Liam. Their watching the news on the TV. It's showing pictures of a burning building. So i'm guessing someones house is burning down. Wait! That's not someones house. That's club Eternity. I guess Harry realizes this too because he makes a gasp noise. We both look at each other longer then we should have. Liam realizes our shocked and scared faces. He says "What wrong you two? Your both really pale all of a sudden". Harry and I say at the same time "Nothing". Liam raises his right eyebrow. He says "Okayyyy.....".

            I try to change the subject by saying "Where is Zayn and the others?". Katie says "There out getting breakfast from Waffle House". I nod and say "oh". Harry gets off the couch and says "I'm going to make some lemonade". He motions for me to follow. I stand up and say "Yeah, okay. I'll help". We walk to the kitchen. Harry grabs my arm. He says "Do you think it was a coincidence?". I shake my head. I say "No, I think who ever he is made damn sure we wouldn't go back there. He really doesn't want us to find out who he is". Harry starts to breath heavy. He says "Okay, this is getting out of hand. This crazy dude will KILL us if necessary". I nod my head and look down. 

          Just then the door burst open. I jump from the sudden noise. Zayn laughs and says "Sorry about that. Just wanted to tell you two that the foods here". He sets the bags of food on the counter. Following Niall and Louis. Katie and Liam walk in after them. So we're all in the kitchen now. I look at Niall but he turns away. Whats wrong with him? Maybe something happened while getting the food. Zayn hands me a plastic tray of pancakes,eggs, and bacon. He flashes me a perfect smile. I blush and take the tray. We all sit down and start eating.

                                                                     *3 Hours later*

           I walk down the hall to the back balcony. I open the glass slide door and walk out. Hmmm. It feels nice to get some fresh air. I sit down on the lounge chair and look over at the ocean. Then all of a sudden I feel a vibration in my pants. It's my phone. I take it out of my pocket and open it up. It's a text from Aria. It reads "Storm is passing over. I'm on my way now". I sigh. I wish she didn't have to do this because of me. I text her "K". I'm just not in the mood to talk very much. I turn my cellphone off and slide it back in my pocket. I hear the door slide open.

          Zayn walks over to the other lounge chair beside me. He gives me a big flashy smile. I give him a little weak smile. He sits down beside me and sighs. He says "I love coming out here to just think". Why does he keep doing this? Why can't he just stay away? I told him I can't be with him. Ughhh, I hate this so much. But in a way I hate my self more for not just letting him hold me. It's just so hard to let someone in. Ever since what happened, it's affected  my dating life. I look over at Zayn. He says "I can't think of any other better place to have our first kiss". Bam. There it is. I can't take it anymore. I say, barely over a whisper "Why?".