Chapter eleven

I lay in the bed and wait in silence until Katie, Zayn, and the two cops walk in. I look at Zayn in the back and it looks like he has been crying a lot. His eyes are red and he seems tired. From the look of his face expression, it looks like he is trying very hard not to rush to me and hug me and never let me go. I smile a little and nod my head at him, hoping that would make him feel better. He gives me a slight smile. Katie walks up to me and says "I've told the others that your fine, but the police needed to hear what Niall, Harry, Liam, and Louis had to say about the incident".

        I nod my head and look at the cops. One appears to be African American. He has a bald head and he is really tall. Probably about 6ft or so. He looks to be in his mid 30s. He gives me a smile and shakes my hand. He says "My name is Braden, and this gentleman here is Adam. We are here to ask you a few question". I look at Adam. He is white with short blond hair. He is smaller then Braden, but looks more buff. He walks over and shakes my hand also.

      I say "Okay, what do you want me to ask?". Braden turns to Adam and then they nod to each other. Braden turns back to me and they both pull out a note pad. Braden turns to Katie and Zayn and says "Could the two of you please leave this room until we finish we our questions?". Katie and Zayn nod and walk out the room. Braden turns back to me and says "Okay, first things first, are you doing okay?". I nod my head and say "Yeah, i'm fine". He smiles and says "Good, now lets get started".

                                                    *Twenty Five Minutes later*

         Braden and Adam stand up and puts away their note pads back in their pockets. Adam says "Thank you for you time. We will make sure to inform you on anything that happens". They both give me a warm smile and walk out the room. I sigh and look at the clock. It is 6:17 pm. All that happened was them asking questions like "How long have you known this man? or Has he threatened you in any way? and etc.". I answered them truthfully, but I tried to not talk more then I had too. I didn't tell them about the strange person that was in my room when I woke up.

         I just can't believe James did this. I shared one of my most deepest thoughts to him. He was the first person I ever told about what happened to my parents and brother. I trusted him and he betrayed me. I never thought I could trust another person again other then Katie and Aria. This just proves that you just can't trust anyone in this world. You can't depend on anyone but your self.

          The door opens and Katie walks in. I don't see Zayn with her. Katie runs up and gives me a hug. I groan as she practically squeezes me so hard my eyes could pop out any second. She stops as I gasp for air. She says "Sorry, I was just so worried about you. Don't you ever do that again". I look at her with a strange face and say in a sarcastic voice "Yeah, okay. Next time I'll make sure I ask him to please don't put poison in my drink and all most kill me". She gives me a glare and says "Okay smart ass, just because you said that I'll call Zayn and tell him you don't want anything to eat". 

        I laugh and say "So Zayn is getting some fast food?". She sits at the foot of my bed and says "Yeah, your only aloud to have two people stay the night here with you, so Zayn and I are staying". I gasp and say "Wait, does Aria know i'm in the hospital?". Katie nods and says "Yeah, they made me call her and tell her everything that happened. She said she will be here as fast as she can, but there is a hurricane storm there. So the airports arn't letting any planes leave. It will be another two days or three before she can make it".

         I sigh and look at my hands. I say "I went on this trip so she could have some time with her boyfriend and unborn baby. I wanted to keep the stress of having me with her all the time away". Katie grabs my hand and says "She loves you so much, she never felt like you were a weight she had to carry around. Your the only family she has other then her unborn baby. Look, the doctors said you can leave tomorrow morning. They just have to do some tests to make sure all the poison is out of your system".

         I smile at Katie and wonder why I have such an amazing person as a friend. She stands up and checks her phone. She smiles and says "Zayn is on the way back". Then she looks at a calender and says "Okay, so today is Tuesday, we have five days until One direction have their big concert in New york city". I look at her with a confused look. She says "Their manager booked them for a song or two at a concert in NYC. So not only are we living with them for a while, we will also be back stage with them at the concert". She said that with such enthusiasm and anticipation. I can't help but laugh at her for being so excited.

         Then all of a sudden she goes quiet and looks very serious. I make a look of concern and asks "Whats wrong?". She stares at me and says "What exactly happened with you and Zayn? I mean, he didn't really tell us what happened. He just said you two were laying there talking and all of a sudden you just blacked out". I look at her and say "Well, he... he kissed... me". She gives me a look of pure shock and almost screams. She says "What!?!?!?, so you two like each other?". I give her a sad look and say "No.... maybe..... I don't know. All I know is that it will never work out".

        She gives me a surprised look and says "What do you mean it will never work out. I mean, I know we live over a thousand miles away from them, but their celebrities. You two can have a long distance relationship. He will be in the u.s.a a lot and you can visit him in summer and breaks". I look out the window and looked at all the lights in the city and I say "That's not the point. He will get treated like shit because of me. In case you haven't noticed, our society doesn't quite accept gay people very easy. Not to mention that Zayn is a celebrity. Do you know how much hate he will get because of me. I CAN'T do that to someone. I could ruin his career. I'm just not a good person to be in a relationship with. I don't exactly have the best past in the world".

        She gives me a sorrowful look and lays her hand on my shoulder. Then she gives me a hug. She says "Why do you always put other peoples feelings before yours?". I sigh and say "I just can't do that to someone I could love". She lets go of me and smiles. Then she says "Just so you know. I think any guy would die just to hold your hand". I give her a slight smile. After about five seconds of silence, Zayn walks in with a McDonald bag. He smiles widely and says "I brought milk shakes".