Chapter twelve

I couldn't help but laugh at Zayn's stupidity. He made a really big and goofy face. Katie jumped up and grabbed the bag. She handed me some chicken nuggets and fries. Zayn walked over and hands me a milkshake. He says "I didn't know what flavor to get you, but I figured everyone seems to like vanilla". I smile and say "It's my favorite flavor, thanks". He nods his head and takes his food from the bag. Then he walks over to a chair on my right beside the window. We eat in silence.

                                                      *20 minutes later*

          We finish our food with very little talking. I can tell it's awkward because Zayn and I don't want to start a conversation that might lead to last night's incident. Katie breaks the silence by saying "I guess I'll go throw the food away, use the bathroom, and go down to the cafeteria to get some drinks and snacks in case we get hungry over night". Zayn and I just nod our heads at her. Katie then takes our trash away and leaves.

           Zayn and I sit in silence for what feels like an hour, but really about two minutes. Then Zayn jumps off the couch and walks over to my bed. I scoot over so he can sit down. He looks at his feet while sitting there and sighs. He looks back at me and says "We need to talk about last night". I just lay there in silence for a few seconds. I don't want to talk about it, but I guess we need too. I sigh and say "Yeah, I know".

           We both blurt out at the same time "I'm sorry". Once we realize this we both blushed a bright red. Zayn quickly says "If I knew James would have done something like that, I would have never hired him. He seemed like a really good guy, I mean his wife passed away a while back and he has no other family. We thought hiring him would help him with his loneliness. I'm sorry I didn't see this coming. Can you please forgive me?".

         I gave him a strange look and say "You have nothing to say sorry about. You didn't know any of that was going to happen. I trusted him too, it's fine". He sighs again and says "Okay, well now that that is out of the way, can we talk about the kiss? I'm sorry I kissed you out of no where. I just couldn't help my self. I understand if you don't even want to be friends any more and hate me". I give him a serious look. I say "I would never hate you or not want to be your friend. I mean, yes the kiss was a surprise, but I don't hate you because of it".

           Zayn makes a sigh of relief. He says "Okay, great. I don't know what I would do if you said you hated me". I say "That was my first kiss". He smiles widely and says "So was I a great kisser?". I giggle and say "It was the best and worse considering it was my only". Then I grow serious. I say "Zayn... I like you a lot, but I can't be with you. I'm sorry". The look on his face is agonizing. He looks like I just hit him with a bus.

           He says "What do you mean you can't be with me? You just said you like me and I obviously like you too". I tear up a bit. I say "It will never work out. Your a celebrity, so you have millions of fans that love you. If they find out you gay and dating a boy, someone that they don't even know. They would hate you and say cruel things. I can ruin your career. I can't do that to someone I care for. I'm not exactly the dating type anyways. My life is one big drama after another. I won't let you have to deal with that. I'm sorry Zayn, but I can't date you".

          The look on his face was horrible. Right before he could say something else. Katie walks back in through the door. She freezes seeing Zayn sitting on my bed. She says "Am I interrupting something?". Zayn looks at me with hurt in his eyes. Then he looks at Katie and says "No, I was just telling him  goodnight". Zayn stands up and walks to the couch and grabs a pillow and blanket. Then he lays down and turns away from us.

           I give Katie a sad look. I'm guessing she understands what happened because she gives me a knowing look and nods. She sets a bag of random junk food and juices on a table. Then she walks up to the bed and lays down. She gives me a weak smile and kisses my forehead. She whispers in  my ear "Everything will be alright". I return a weak smile to her. She lays a blanket over me and her. I silently weep on the inside for a few minutes. Then I hear Katie snoring beside me. I turn the lamp off and fall asleep.