Chapter 9

What could he want from me? Did I do something? No... Me and Ashley haven't been outside of the hotel all week. The lift doors open once again, breaking me from my thoughts.

I walk out of the lift, making my way to the conference hall. I reach room B, and slowly open the dark wooden door. Simon and the rest of the management team looks to me. "Harry come sit." Simon says, waving his hand over the long wooden table.

I take my seat in one of the light drown office chairs. Then I realize that Niall, and Liam are just at the end of the table. I offer a smile to them in which they do not return. Instead they look down with deep frowns.

"What is this about?" I say, my nerves jumping. Everyone's eyes travel to me, as my deep voice rings through the conference room. "Well, as you lads know you are teenage heartthrobs, and your fans well most of them are single. So that's what you need to be." He says, smiling devilishly, look between all three of our gazes.

"What! I'm not breaking up with him Simon!" Liam yells, standing up from his seat. Niall looks up to Liam, grabbing his hand. Liam's eyes soften, and he sits back down. "Just take a deep breath baby." Niall says, trying to calm Liam down.

Liam does as Niall says, and takes a deep breath. "That's not what I mean Liam. I mean you don't have to break up, your fans just can't know you are together.... Or that your gay." He says, slipping the last part in.

He looks to the other members of management, and they nod. "What! You said we could come out when we wanted!" Liam says, raising his voice once again. "Anyway, on to you Harry. You need to make people think you and Ashley are no more."

What the fuck just came out if his mouth? Okay, so I'm pissed! "No Simon! That shit isn't happening!" I say, standing up from my place at the table. I make my way to the door, before Paul stops me in my tracks.

"Oh, but it is, and will happen Harry. If I remember correctly you signed a contract." He says, recalling the day I signed that piece of shit on paper. "Fuck." I curse under my breath. I walk back to my seat, balling my fists at my side. God damn I want to punch that evil grin right off his fucking face.

"Anyway, in your interview tomorrow. When they ask for your dating status you will say you are single. Clear?" He questions, and the three of us look down, not even a nod from us. "And if you don't I will have you sued and arrested... And for your family's you don't want to know what I will do. I said are we clear?!" He raises his voice.

Niall speaks up first. "Clear." His voice comes out barely audible. Then after Niall, Liam follows. "Clear." Liam says, looking down in defeat. I say nothing thinking over what I can do to stop this.

Paul places his hand on my shoulder, and I look up to him. He nods his head, as if to say "You have to do this." My eyes travel to Simon. I breath deeply before saying "Clear." I feel so defeated. Why would I go down with out a fight like that? What is wrong with me? How will I tell Ashley?

Simon interrupts my thoughts. "Great! See you all tomorrow." He says, gathering his papers and exiting the room. I storm out of the room, not even waiting for Niall and Liam.

I pass the lift and take the stairs so I have time to clear my head. How am I going to tell her? I need someone to talk to before I tell her. I can't talk to Liam and Niall, they need time for themselves to talk all of this over.

Louis! I pull out my phone, and dial Louis. I place the phone next to my ear, waiting for his voice to come through the line. "Hello." Louis' tired voice rings through the phone. "Hey, Lou? Can I come to your room?... I really need to talk to you." I say, rubbing my neck. "Yeah, sure? What is going on?" He questions, with his raspy morning voice I remember so well.

"I will explain when I get there." I say, shaking my head at this mess I'm in. "Okay. I will see you in a minute." He says, and I blush a bit. "Alright, I see you then." I say, hanging up the phone. I run up the rest of the stairs, and make my way to Louis' room which is right across from mine and Ashley's.

I knock on the door lightly. Then I hear Louis on the other side, unlocking the door. He opens the door, and I walk into the dark hotel room. He walks over to the bed sitting down, I do the same and sit next to him. "So what do you want to talk about?" He questions, twiddling with his fingers.

"It's a long story." I say, looking down. "I've got time." He says, leaning back on his hands. He looks to the clock on the microwave that reads 5:30 am. I take a deep breath and start.

"Well, around five this morning Simon called Liam, Niall, and me in for a conference. He said that I have to pretend me and Ashley are no longer together, and Liam and Niall had to pretend they are straight and they had to be single as well... Long story short, he pulled out the contract and made us agree." I finish, and Louis' eyes widen.

"Hazza that's what they did to us! You remember?" He ask, looking to me with a longing face. "Yeah, I remember." I say, thinking of all the times we have had together, all the secrets we've kept, all the lies we told. Just so we could try and make it work, we were so strong together.

Two against the world is one way to explain it. "I loved you, and still do." He says, and I'm dumb founded. He slaps his hand over his mouth, realizing what he just said. "Is that really how you feel Louis?" I question, knowing damn sure he meant what he said. "Yeah." He says, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"I didn't know you felt that way..." I say, looking to him. "Do you feel that way about me?" He ask, hope filling his beautiful ocean blue eyes. "Don't know..." I say, questioning myself.

I collect my thoughts for a moment, before my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out quickly, and see 'Baby' on the dim screen, it brings some much needed light to the small room. I slide the answer option, and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, thankful she interrupted. "Hi, Baby are you okay?" She ask, sweetly. "Yeah, I'm fine Babe. I'm at Louis' room." I say, knowing what her next question would be. "Okay, Baby be careful. When your done come, and tell me when you are done so I know you are safe." Her loving voice rings through my ears, and I smile at how much she trust me. "I'm coming over right now." I say, still infatuated with her small voice. "Okay, I'm sorry if I put you in a rush Baby." She says, apologetically and I can almost see her soft smile. "No No No! I was on my way out anyway Babe." I say, waiting for her sweet voice to reply. "Okay, I love you and I will see you in a minute." She says, and my heart burst.

Why does she trust me so much? I have never met anyone like her, or dated anyone like her for that matter. How could God bring me such a perfect human? "I love you too!" I say, and hang up the phone. I turn to Louis, walking over to him.

I pull him from the bed, and we hug for what seems like forever. Until he pulls away. "I will see you tomorrow Lou!" I say, turning and walking to the door. "Yeah! Tomorrow!" He replies back, and I open the door to walk out. I walk across the narrow hallway, to mine and Ashley's room.