Murr x Reader - When I'm Bored With Windows

It is with complacency that you stare out of the window and watch late November's frost claim the pavement. It's been some time since you've seen the ghastly stuff, staining walkways with slippery mischief that exists sorely toannoy people. You decide that you haven't missed it one bit. You're all for winter, hot baths and thick sweaters and hot cups of tea, but the secondslipping and making a fool of yourself comes into the picture you're no longer so keen.

Material loops around your neck softly and you crane your neck to see Murr standing above you, coat still on and gloves still covering his hands. Adjusting the scarf you so newly adorn, you smile up at him sweetly.

"Where'd you go?"

James grins, pulls a box out of his pocket. "Some festive candles. Check them out, [Y/N]. Cinnamon, gingerbread– they even had some kind of air freshener that gave out the smell of tinsel! They're really going for it this year!"

"Ah yes," you hum, leaning into the hand that has settled on your shoulder since winding the scarf around your neck. "The very reason I married you: your taste in scented candles."

Murr laughs that infectious laugh of his as you stand up to help him out of his coat, letting him sit behind you at your previous seat at the window, resting your head against his shoulder, hot mug reassigned to your hands as you lean back and give him a kiss that tastes of coffee. He's used to that much, has come to appreciate it.

Feeling his lips settle against your temple, you sigh and snuggle further into him, material of your shirt riding up your back. The soft purr that is emitted from his throat as you press more firmly against him sends vibrations down your spine, appealing to your ticklish side.

"Lazy day?" he asks. Sometimes it's not necessary to speak to be comfortable with him and that is something you adore more than anything. However, the effort he makes makes you feel just as warm and fuzzy.

"Boring day," you reply, cheeks puffing as you exhale the very essence of boredom, breath fogging up the window. Lamely, you reach forwards and draw a smiley face into it, feigning a scowl when James shunts a finger through it. "Asshole." But the remark is redundant when he breathes hard on the glass and doodles a crude example of himself.

"It's me," Murr comments, shrugging, his signature grin forming on his face. "Evidently more important than your smile. Pay attention."

Scoffing with laughter, you reach a hand back and swat at the back of his head before reaching forwards and applying whiskers, tiny ears and an obnoxious stripe across the nose. "Now it's more accurate, Ferret-Face."