Sal x Reader - Give Me Attention

You and Sal have a long history of antagonising one another. The sooner you explore it together, the better. Alas, you're too proud to drop your reputation for dry humour and he's too sassy to even think about gracing your hidden motives with a response that isn't disdainful.

That's exactly why the tension between you is so high. It's exactly why you work.

He has been talking for too long, droned on and on about how happy he is with his ice cream - and that's exactly why you take your moment to strike, finger dipping into his treat extremely ostentatiously. Sal's words falter and stop. Gazes around the table flit to look at you; grins light up faces as they glance between their lifelong friend and you, the fiery female who has insisted time and time again that she dislikes Salvatore Vulcano with a burning passion - and that's exactly why you tease him so.

"Why?" the Joker enquires flatly, lips forming a thin line as he watches you withdraw your finger from his ice cream and wipe it on a napkin on the table. You don't even eat it. The other Jokers have fallen silent, watching in silent anticipation. They can sense the tension that fizzles between the pair of you like electricity, though your refusal regarding liking him even the slightest bit stops anything from progressing. Sal tries to convince himself that it isn't worth his time; you treat him terribly, constantly make his life hard, irritate him to no end– and he can't get enough.

Your only response is a lofty shrug. "I felt like it."

"You know I can't eat that now, right?"

The stance you adopt could be considered playful as you settle back in your seat and rest your cheek in your palm, elbow leaning on the table. "That sounds like a you problem, not a me problem."

The three men hold their silence for as long as they can hold it– before they burst out into a tirade of laughter. It's not that your words had been particularly funny, nor had the exchange tickled them in particular - but the ultimate displeasure that lines Vulcano's face has them reverting back to their usual nature. Always fucking with one another - and hey, anybody who fucks with them is, in some way or other, a friend to some degree. You make teasing Sal so easy. That's most likely why you're accepted so readily.

"Y'know, you don't have to be such a bitch."

Eyes slide up to look at the man as he stands in the doorway to the room, hands on his hips as he levels you with a stare that is obviously dissatisfied. Hell, he should be used to it by now but alas he's always stunned by how far you're willing to push him. What makes it even worse is that it's never enough for him to have a fit of explosive rage to relieve the tension between you; you perform little things, nag at his insecurities just by being, and that's perhaps the worst thing about you.

But horribly, he looks so good when he's glaring at you. The sharpened look in his eye, as if he wants to pounce on you and beat you until you cry mixed with the jerky motions of his arms as he works to make himself look as intimidating as possible. It never works - he doesn't have the beard for a villain, resembles Winnie the Pooh rather than Bane. And then you think, 'oh, he's Bane all right– THE Bane of my existence.'

"What're you whining about this time, Sal?" you question, feigning ignorance as you turn your face back towards you phone, scrolling it in your lap. The longer you feel that heated stare on you, the harder you have to work to stop the smile from spreading across your lips. You adore his temper, let it fan the flame into fruition as the banter passes endlessly between the pair of you. The way Vulcano bristles and spits insults at you until he's blue in the face, all for you to give him an insanely sweet smile and say he's 'adorable'... it really does make your day. "Is it the ice cream thing? You totally could have gotten that back if you hadn't such a whiner about it."