Chapter 18

Chapter 18 - A Christmas to remember.

Vote

Comment

ENJOY

Lily's POV

"It's Lorcan, som- something happened. He's at St. Mungos..." Lysander whispered.

"What happened?" I asked. This could not be happening...no way.

"Well, what do you think happened?" He snapped.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Scorpius muttered through gritted teeth.

"Shh Scorpius, it's okay." I said. "What happened to him Lysander?"

"He was on holiday, skiing, with mum and dad. He was out on his own and he we-, went past a couple of death eaters insulting your family and he defended you. But they got in a dual and one of them stabbed him..."

You would think after Voldemorts death, all the death eaters would have gone into hiding. But no, there were still a few groups of them around, hoping that he would return again like the first time.

"But he's going to be okay right? I mean it's only a stab wound." I said confused.

"It was a cursed blade."

I felt everything go in slow motion. "If it's a cursed blade- that means..." I chocked out.

"Is this some sort of sick joke or something?" I heard Scorpius. His voice sounded muffled, I only recognised it as his voice because his chest vibrated against my back as he talked.

Lysander looked as if he was ready for a fight with Scorpius. "Why would I joke about that shit? He's my brother" he spat.

"Well you didn't think of it that way when you were trying to attack your 'brothers' girlfriend last night." Scorpius said.

"Oh, you can talk!" Lysander challenged.

"I'm not his brother!"

"STOP!" I shouted. My head felt dizzy and I probably would have fallen to the floor if Scorpius hadn't been holding me. "Lorcan's hurt and...for all we know he might be dead." I gulped. "We need to go now. Not fight."

"Lily, how do you know it's not a trap?"

"It's not a trap Scorpius." I said with a sigh. "Look come and see for youself, I don't care but we need to go!" I said taking his hand and pulling him. My hand was sweaty. Nice Lily, nice. But Scorpius didn't say anything, just trailed beside me silently. How can today have gone from being a perfect Christmas to this?

Lysander was practically jogging down the hall until he came to a halt, then disappeared into a room on the left. We followed quickly. I really felt as if I was going to be sick. I mean, what if he was dead? Because of me? If he wasn't my boyfriend, he would be less likely to defend my name...but he was, and the thing was I wasn't even respecting it. I was fooling around with the guy who was currently standing behind me.

Was this karma or payback or something?

Professor McGonagall was standing in the room beside a rusty old teapot. She was looking weary, not at all her usual self. I'm not surprised, I don't think she expected this on Christmas morning. I definitely wasn't.

"Yes Mr Scamander,Miss Potter...Mr Malfoy?" I didn't really hear what she was saying. I was too busy shaking. We needed to go!

"The portkey has been set up to take you straight to St Mungo's, so you should get there quickly. I'm so sorry..."