Chapter 27

I think I'm in Love with a Malfoy

Chapter 27

Scorpius' POV

"So I was wondering if you wanted to stay over the summer?"

"Nahh, say something like...Lily, you know you want to stay for a few weeks over the summer...what do you say?"

"No, I've got to ask her nicely. She's into all that romantic stuff. Maybe I'll get her a rose, then ask her?" I wondered aloud.

Drake just looked at me pointedly. "You're only asking her to stay! You're not asking her to marry you! And by the way, if you were, I would totally kidnap you and kick some sense into you. So, don't go getting that idea, just because I said it," he concluded.

Marriage? That's not a bad idea actually...

"So I just blurt it out?"

"Well I thought that was what you were going to do last time. Except I happened to be falling to my 'near death' and that interrupted you."

"Yeah but this time, I want to go on a proper date and ask her."

"You had plenty of opportunities for that. I am never being a waiter for you again, I hope you realise that. And with that cleared up, I've held up my side of the bargain, now it's your turn. I think we should start to learn some of these spells, because I really want to win this thing," Drake said crossing his arms and looking like an annoyed little boy.

Just great.

We spent the next two hours going over probably every single defensive spell, charm and curse I knew. I was extremely surprised at how much Drake actually knew. I had been wondering for two years how he had achieved good enough O.W.Ls to carry onto N.E.W.Ts. But I guess that was now all cleared up.

"So don't use Densaugeo on any creature, especially if they have really sharp teeth...because that will just make them bigger and, well that's probably not a very good idea." I said, "So to be honest you really don't need to know that spell. Other than that piece of advice, we're done."I patted him on the back proudly, "you, my friend, are finally ready. Now help me to figure out how to ask Lily."

"Well that's good to know, I don't want to...you know...DIE in the tournament tomorrow. Please can we not have this conversation, I need to get some sleep, you're acting like such a girl. Just ask her already," Drake raised an eyebrow.

"Okay whatever."

"You know, be the one in control here, you're the man in the relationship! Anyway, I'm knackered so wake me up in the morning. Just chuck a bucket of water over me or something..." Drake slouched off to bed.

I mulled over the thought of going next door right now to ask her, or maybe I would ask her tomorrow, after the last task. My mind wandered back to what Drake had said earlier about asking her to marry me. I could do it, the last few months I had spent with her had been the best of my life. Wouldn't mind my whole life being like that.

But, would her parents approve...or even worse, would my dad? Plus, she was only sixteen years old, so that meant she had to have her parent's permission and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let her marry me.

I stared at the fire for a good twenty minutes, wavering on what to do. Eventually I came to a decision and got up, probably smiling like an idiot. Then I walked out of the room into the hall, slamming the door behind me.

*

Lily's POV

I opened my eyes to find sunlight streaming in from my porthole window. Eh? I swear I pulled the curtains last night?