Chapter 24

I think I'm In Love with a Malfoy

WHOAA! I honestly didn't think I'd get that many votes so fast!!! So I woke up this morning and it was like 152 votes! And then I was overwhelmed with happiness consumed with guilt that I hadn't written anything yet when I'd said I would upload at 150. So I'm sorry for the wait =P

Did you guys know DRACO means DRAGON! I didn't...but now I do =D

Chapter 24

Lily's POV

"I hope you're not peeking," murmured Scorpius from behind me, his hands covering my eyes as he guided me. He said he had a surprise for me when I got out of the medical room.

"My eyes are closed!" I protested.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I looked around blindly. I honestly couldn't see a thing.

"You're not holding any up."

"You cheated."

"What was the point in even asking me that?" I wondered. It had suddenly got extremely cold, were we outside or something? I really wasn't dressed to go prancing around in the snow. But before I could say my thoughts out loud we were back in warmth.

"Guess you're right. I just wanted to distract you. Anyway are you ready?"

"For what?"

"Just open your eyes now."

"I can't your fingers are blinding me."

"Oh right yeah, sorry," he said sheepishly and gently removed them. I looked around and gasped.

We were on the boat, but we were outside, probably near the back of the boat. The stars contrasted beautifully against the dark navy sky. I could point out a few constellations, Aquila (Eagle) and Columba (Dove). I loved Astronomy and was Professor Sinatra's favourite student back at Hogwarts.

"Did you know you're named after a constellation?" I asked Scorpius as I continued to gaze at the stars.

"Huh? I thought I was some birth sign or something."

"That's called a star sign. Where did you think that came from? It's that  one there-" I pointed to a group of stars, "That's Scorpius...which means Scorpion."

"Wow. Isn't that just great, named after a bunch of stars," he said sarcastically, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.

"It is. I think stars are so pretty and fascinating. Your father was named after one as well."

He chuckled. "Have you stalked my family or something?"

"No.  I just love astronomy. I think I know every single constellation name...Draco means Dragon. Though I can't see it at the moment."

"And what does Lily mean?" he probed.

"I don't know, that isn't a star, wish it was, I'd rather be named after a star than a flower. But then again, my grandmother's name was Lily..." I trailed off.

"I'm really sorry about your grandparents."

I shrugged. "It's no big deal. I never met them. Voldemort saw too that."

Scorpius was silent for a couple of minutes before "I think that Lily is a beautiful name, sounds innocent, pure and pretty."

"Thankyou," I said, partly because I couldn't really think of anything else to say. We were silent again, just standing there wrapped in each others arms, staring across the Durmstrang lake when it struck me.