Chapter 1

Ayla

My body was shaking with tension throughout the whole drive. The man was silent but the air surrounding him was intense and brooding. When the car finally lurched to a stop, my body froze.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him open the door. What if he saw me? Was I hidden properly? Horrible thoughts went through my mind as I waited for a reaction from him. But he only stepped out of the car and the door closed behind him. Then it was utter silence.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, my body sagging against the back of the car seats. I was safe. After waiting for a few more minutes, when I was sure that he wasn't close by the car anymore, I went on my knees and stared outside through the tainted window.

I gasped, my eyes widening in shock and surprise. The beauty that beheld me, took my breath away. There was a long circular driveway, lined with pine trees and glass garden stakes. The garden stakes were made of red crackle glass. There were beautiful bushes surrounding a gigantic fountain in the middle of the driveway. The central fountain was made of glazed ceramic tiles and there were roses and magnolias surrounding it. I could see trees from far away, which continued down the long driveway towards the main gate. It was beautiful and the true definition of serenity.

I looked left and right to see if there was anyone. When I saw that my path was cleared, I quickly opened the door and stepped out. I winced at the sunlight and I had to blink my eyes repeatedly to get use to the glare.

I turned around and let out a loud gasp.

"Woah."

That wasn't a house in front it. It was a mansion. An Estate that was much bigger than my father's. Many white marble pillars lead to the entrance of the mansion. The towers were topped in silver domes and beautiful stones decorated the surface of the mansion. There was a large wooden double door that looked very fancy. I took a step forward, mesmerized by the sight.

My father was rich. I lived like a princess, covered with gold and diamonds but I had never seen something as beautiful as the sight in front of me. My father's mansion was much smaller, comparing to this one.

I stopped dead in my tracts when sudden realization came crashing down on me. This man was much wealthier than my dad, and possibly just as dangerous. I had learnt my lesson. Rich people were blinded with their power and they stopped acting like human beings. They had not emotions. I wasn't going to take the risk with that stranger.

I took several steps back and bump into the car. I swallowed and then closed my eyes. I had to go. I had to find somewhere that was much safer. I turned to run away, but my eyes widened in shock when I saw two men striding towards me. They were looking at each other, so I took the chance to quickly hide behind the car, away from their sight.

My body was shaking with fear and I felt myself sweating. I had to leave. But most importantly, I had to make sure that I was safe.

When the men entered the mansion, I released a sigh of relief but my body was still coiled with tension. I felt my stomach cramping, as I stood up. Fear was lodged deep inside of me. As I turned back towards the main gate, my steps froze again.

There was no escape. It was impossible.

For the first time, I noticed four men standing at the main gate. It was obvious they were guarding it, paying close attention to who was entering and leaving. It was the same thing at my father's Estate. There were always guards on the ground, making sure there weren't any impending attacks.

I swallowed and looked back at the mansion. My heart stopped beating for a moment when I saw the doors open. Going through the main gates wasn't an option anymore. And I didn't know the grounds, so I couldn't find any other way to escape.