Chapter 6

ROMANS POV

I heard Nikki telling Doc to ask me something and I was immediately curious. I was standing there behind Doc and Nikki scurried away in a hurry. "Can we go somewhere private to discuss this?" Doc whispered and dragged me into a training room. "Roman I am so sorry for last night. I got so drunk and acted like such an idiot. I can't remember anything. I have to know..the last person I remember being with was Seth.. I didn't.." She looked disgusted just by the possibility of that so I put her out of her misery. "No. I had a bad feeling about leaving you there in the shape you were in so I went back to make sure you were OK. It's a really good thing because you were making out with Seth. I told him to get his damn hands off you and brought you back to my room with me. " She let that process for a minute and the relief washed over her. Then the next round of questions started. " did we have sex?" I wanted to tell her that if I finally got my hands on her and did all of the things to her body that I have been wanting to do that no amount of alcohol in the world would make her forget it. But instead of making the already awkward situation worse I just nodded my head no. "Then why was I in bed wearing a T-shirt and nothing else. I didn't even have panties on." " That's because you puked all over yourself and me in the elevator. I put you in the shower and cleaned you up and put you in a T-shirt. It's all I had around. You would look pretty silly in my boxer briefs." She finally cracked a small smile and then started to blush. " Roman I am so embarrassed. I can't believe I acted like such an idiot. " I couldn't either to be honest. Doc was usually much more together than that. "Doc what was going on last night?" She ran her fingers threw her hair trying to put her thoughts together. Finally she had an answer to my question. " I was so mad at myself for how I acted the other night. I never told you but I was engaged once and it ending the night before the wedding when I caught him screwing my maid of honor. I had a really hard time getting over that and that mess with Seth and his fiance brought back horrible memories. But then you tried to kiss me and I freaked out and left. I wanted you to kiss me but I was worried after that you would never try again.. So I was looking for Nikki because I needed advice but Nikki was gone so Summer said if I didn't have sex with you then you would have sex with one of the women that leaves hotel keys for you and that I should just get drunk and ....." She was rambling on a hundred miles an hour. She wasn't making much sense because she was talking so fast but I got the general idea. " summer? You listened to Summer? Doc why would you take relationship advice from a whore?" Doc snickered a little then buried her head in my chest from embarrassment. "God I am such an idiot. I don't blame you if you never want to see me again." I took her gently at that moment and kissed her. Nothing passionate or anything, just a gentle peck on her lips, but there were sparks nonetheless. " tonight. I want to see you tonight. Me, you, takeout and a movie... And no alcohol." She finally laughed and nodded in agreement. I got ready to walk away drunk just off of the anticipation of the night we would share and my mind drifted briefly to her naked body as I dressed her. I am a pretty stand up guy and would never take advantage of a drunk woman...but it doesn't mean I didn't steal a peek. I leaned in close to her and whispered in her ear and prepared myself for the reaction I knew I was going to receive." By the way, nice tattoo Doc."