14-- Is It Getting Better?

"Oh God, your pregnant aren't you?" I asked I was sitting at my desk talking to my younger sister, who's news was exciting to me.

"Yes!" She cheered.

"How far along?" I ask.

"3 months now"

"Why you didn't tell me?! Is Nasr excited?" I asked curiyiuiy.

"Yes, I have a job..a real job. I work at this group home. I was thinkin about going to school for nursing"

"Would you look at that?" I smiled "Jaz, you don't know how big my smile is right now! Thats the best news I heard in a while"

"Thankyou, were trynna save up so we can move away from Florida. I was thinking about moving to Philly or Michigan, I just don't want any trouble"

"And you won't have any trouble, just pray on it"

I heard a knock at my door, meaning it was time for me to end my conversation. "Come in" I said.

"Jazzy I am so proud of you, keep it up okay? I gotta go, I love you" I tell her

"I love you too" She hung up my phone. Then Jessica enteres my office with a grin transforming her face.

"Hello Dr.Jones." She says in her soft voice.

"Hey girl! Come in."

She strutted over to my desk, and sat in the chair across from me, I can tell that her vibe was kind of edgy,

"You good?" I asked.

"Huh?Oh yeah, I'm fine"

"Well what brings you by?"

"Well my boss is in the hospital and she's sorta depressed, her daughter is too."

"Well what happened?" I asked saddened.

She folds her legs and calmly takes a deep breath," Her house was invaded while she was gone on a business trip."

"Wow.....that is very sad. I feel terrible for her. How is she holding up"

"She's not speaking and her daughter Brione isn't either, I was thinking since you are therapist you would be willing to talk to them." She explains to me, and I nod in agreement.

"When?"

"Whenever she opens up, I don't think she wants to talk to a therapist but I feel like she needs to" She folds her leg and rest the right side of her face in the palms in her hands.

"Well let me know and I will defiantly fit them in my schedule. Why is she in the hospital?" I asked.

"It's not my place to say" She stated

"I understand" I nodded.

Jazilyn POV

"Aye girl" I heard a familiar voice say as I walked pass a group of men infront of the liquor store. But I just ignored their presence and continued walking.

"You heard me talkin to you!" Darnell, my ex, pulled my arm and made me face him.

"Leave me alone!" I shout.

"Why you haven't came to see me"

"I'm unavailable" I roll my neck, as a attitude come within in me.

"To who?! Once my girl always my girl" he smirked.

I shifted my weight onto my right leg and smacked my lips. I was not in the mood to be be bothered with any of his nonsense. "Look Darnell, I ain't playin with you, leave me alone."