Co-Workers

It was supposed to have been a simple one-night stand. Something that just happened in the heat of the moment and was never talked about again. So, why was Jack still thinking about it? Maybe because it was more interesting than staring at a computer screen, inside a tiny cubicle. His job at Smile Inc. was boring, but it paid well. As he mindlessly let his fingers type, Jack's thoughts wandered back last Friday night. He didn't even remember a lot of it. All he knew was that he and his co-worker, Mark, had gone out to get a drink after work night, they'd left the bar together, and Jack had woken up the next day with an extremely sore bottom. And an empty, cold bed. That pink-haired bastard hadn't even stayed to say good bye or left a note explaining why he'd disappeared. Still, Jack couldn't help but feel a little bit excited. He'd had a huge crush on his co-worker for at least a year, but he'd thought Mark was straight. The only problem now was whether Mark actually had feelings for him or it had been the drink talking. Sadly, Jack came to conclusion it had been only a one time thing when Mark didn't attempt to reach him at all during the following weekend. Every single time his phone lit up, his heart was thrown into a abyss of disappointment when Mark's name wasn't at the top. Now, the weekend was over and Jack was back at work, still mourning the loss of what could of been a relationship. He pushed out from under his desk and stood up to get some coffee. Suddenly as he turned the corner, his face bumped into a muscular chest. Startled, he looked up right into Mark's surprised face.
"Oh! Mark! Um, hi. Sorry about, um, bumping into you?"
"Hi, Jack." Mark scratched the back of his neck. After an awkward silence Jack cleared his throat.
"Well, I'll be going now."
"What? Oh sorry." The burly Asian-American shifted to the side. As Jack pushed past, Mark opened his mouth again.
"Hey, um, Jack."
"Yeah?"
"About last Friday night,...wow this is awkward... I'm really sorry about leaving you. Erm, it's just, I woke up with no idea what happened and when I saw you next to me, I panicked. I've, um, likedyouforawhile, and I was worried that I screwed things up between us. I couldn't think straight and I thought the best thing was to leave because you wouldn't like me anymore after I'd taken advantage of you. I hope you can forgive me. It's fine if you don't." The words spilled out of Mark's mouth like a faucet. At the end, he turned away, cheeks flushed. Jack's mouth dropped into a small "o".
Smack
Jack's open hand landed neatly on Mark's cheek.
"You bastard! Couldn't you have texted me or called me to tell me this? I grew at least twenty gray hairs wondering what I had done wrong for you to leave me! And don't you dare apologize for Friday night! That was probably one of the best nights of my life, and I should probably shut up now because people are staring."
Mark stared at the tiny ranting Irish man, before saying, "Best night of your life, huh?" Now it was Jack's turned to turn red and glance away.
"Shut up, people are watching," he mumbled. A loud laugh rang out.
"Alright, as my apology for not calling you, why don't we go out for dinner tonight?" Mark offered.
He smiled, "But this time, no alcohol, I want to remember the night this time."
Jack returned the smile timidly and nodded his head.
"See you after work then?"
"Yup, and before you leave," Mark grabbed Jack's arm and suddenly, Jack's lips were pressed to Mark's. Somewhere in the background, someone yelled, "Get a room!" and was promptly shushed by some of the female workers.
When they broke apart, Jack yelled, "What was that for?!" his cheeks an impossibly dark shade of red.
"To make it official."
"To make what?"
"That we're dating," Mark replied with a smirk.
"See you later!" he called as he sashayed away leaving a very shocked and embarrassed Jack standing alone.
"Later," Jack managed, five seconds after Mark had turned the corner.
~~~~~
Kudos to TotallyNotCreepyOne for being the first to vote/comment!! This really should've been in chapter 2 or 3, but I kept forgetting so, here you go. Thanks you so much, that vote really helped me decide to continue writing.