Magic Chocolate Flower

Ingredients
The Middle
• 1/4 of a batch of chocolate macaron recipe
• fresh fruit (raspberries, blue berries)
• Chocolate truffle, one per flower
The petals
• 100g (3.53 ounces) tempered chocolate per flower
• Chocolate flower petal template
Thin custard sauce
• 5 egg yolks or 90g (3.17 ounces)
• 1/4 cup or 50g (1.76 ounces) sugar
• 1 cup or 250ml cream
• 1/2 cup or 125ml whole or full cream milk
• 1 vanilla bean

Directions
1) Temper your chocolate and spread the chocolate thinly on some acetate. Using a knife and the petal template cut out individual petals

2) Working quickly before the chocolate hardens curve it up into a half circle. Use something cylindrical to hold it in place.

3) Spread more chocolate out and cut small circles and cut each circle in half.

4) To assemble the dessert use a little chocolate to secure a selection of fruit to the top of your macaron. Place the macaron on top of a chocolate truffle using chocolate to hold it in place.

5) Arrange the chocolate petals around a silicone hemisphere mold.

6) Then using some more chocolate add the base, this is going to hold all the petals in place.

7) Take one half of your flower and use chocolate to hold it in place on the base of the bowl.

8) Then add the chocolate macaron to the middle and carefully add the other half into place.

9) To make the custard scrape the vanilla bean and combine with the cream and milk.

10) Whisk together sugar and the egg yolks.

11) Once it just starts to boil remove from the heat and pour into the egg yolk mixture whisking as you do.

12) Pour back into the saucepan, refrigerate. When ready to serve the dessert reheat the creme anglaise to 185F (85 degrees Celsius)

13) Immediately pour through a sieve into a jug.

14) Take the dessert to the table and pour some hot anglaise into the bowl. The hot sauce melts the base of the petals making them fall open beautifully

Servings: approximately 4