Spirited Away Soot Cookies

AN: Now I couldn't find the exact recipe so I used the soot cookie pops but they pretty much taste the same. Enjoy.

⬇️One Summers Day from Spirited Away & a clip of the soot spirits ⬇️

All rights of the song and clip goes to Studio Ghibli

Website: http://www.fiction-food.com/2014/07/soot-sprite-cookie-pops-for-spirited.html?m=1

Ingredients
12 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1/2 Bag Black Candy Melts
Chocolate Jimmies (sprinkles)
5-6 Vanilla Tootsie Rolls (or you can use white fondant if you've got it)
Konpeito Sugar Candy or Large Star Sprinkles or Stars cut from Fondant (optional)
12 Lollipop Sticks
Microwave Safe Bowl or Cup
Butter Knife or Spreading Knife (optional)
Styrofoam Block
Waxed or Parchment Paper
Small Circle Cookie Cutter
Small Rolling Pin or Cookie Roller (optional)
Toothpick

Directions
1. Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl or cup in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until fully melted & smooth. Stir in a tiny amount of canola oil to make it more dip-able/spreadable. Carefully separate each cookie so that 1 side has all of the cream. Taking 1 lollipop stick at a time, dip 1 end into the melt & then place the stick, dip-ended, into the center of the cream side of 1 of the cookies. Gently press the sandwich cookie closed & set aside for a few minutes. Repeat until all of the sandwich cookies have sticks inside of them.
2. Holding the lollipop sticks, carefully dip each cookie into the candy melt & let the excess melt drip back into the bowl. You can alternately spoon a glob of melt onto each side of the cookie & then smooth it out with a little spreading knife (this is what I did & it worked great). Let the dipped cookies sit upright for a minute in the styrofoam block. Pour your jimmies into a bowl or onto a plate & press the sides & edges of each dipped cookie into the jimmies so they are fully coated. Lay the cookie pops flat on a sheet of waxed or parchment paper.
3. Using your fingers & a small roller flatten the vanilla Tootsie Rolls to about 1/16"& then cut out 24 circles (you can ball up & re-roll the excess to cut more circles as needed). Gently form each circle into a slight oval & then press 2 each onto the cookie pops to make the eyes of the soot sprites. Reheat the melt if needed & then use a toothpick to dab little circles of melt onto the eyes to make the pupils. If adding konpeito or stars to your cookie pops, use a dab of melt to make them stick. Let the pops sit flat on the waxed paper for several minutes so the melt can fully harden before standing upright in the styrofoam.

*The three Miyazaki themed recipes are a test run. If you like them vote and comment down below what you want to see next.*

*What's your favorite Miyazaki movie?*