James Potter

Lucinda Clark walked it the Gryffindor common room and to her dorm when someone called her. She turned to see James Potter

"What James?"

"I wanted to know if you would like to play chess with me?" Lucinda thought about it.

"Ok but if I win you have to hug Snape" James looked disgusted but a agreed

"Ok let's play" James dragged Luciana to the couch

"Wait what do you get if you win" James just smirked

"You'll see"

~~~~~~~~~

Forty minutes later, it was pretty obvious to Lucinda that she would win. James seemed to be rather desperate by now, Lucinda could tell that he knew that he was losing as well. In his panic, he was making reckless moves that she could easily counter. It was almost over by now, and Lucinda couldn't help the flare of self-pride that shot through her as she almost all but cornered his king.

"Check." Lucinda said, leaning back, feeling rather relaxed. What could James do now? Lucinda watched him as his eyes scanned the board, almost chuckling at the frustrated look on his face. There was no way out for him now. "You can give up, you know. I won't make you do anything for losing." Lucinda said kindly.

"No." he responded, sounding like a child. "You might not want to be so sure of yourself." he remarked, moving his king out of danger.

"Look who's talking." Lucinda teased. "Check."

He let out a short growl of anger. One Lucinda found to be kind of hot, actually, if the blush that spread across her face was any indication.

"Yes, but I have my reasons for being sure." he said cryptically, and Lucinda were surprised to note that it wasn't his king he moved, but his rook. And then she saw it.

"Check mate." he said, and she could hear the smirk in his voice, even if she wasn't looking at him.

"How?" She asked, shocked. She lost. He'd been tricking her from the very beginning - all those moves she deemed to be reckless had actually been a part of his strategy, and she'd completely fallen for it. She were honestly furious at herself.

"It's amazing how much you can learn about your opponent. Now, about my reward."

"You were watching closely."

"Well yeah, I needed to win."

"What do you want?" She asked, defeated.

"I want you to consider being my girlfriend." he said, looking at the ground. Lucinda put away the chess pieces and stood up. His eyes shot to her, and she caught a flicker of hurt in them. She smiled reassuringly at him.

"I'll think about it." Lucinda promised, turning to return to her dorm, not seeing the huge grin on his face.