Regulus Black

Daenerys Firewall was in the library looking for a book when someone stood behind her. She turned to see Regulus Black.

"Hi Reg, what do you need?"

"I-ah, I wanted to ask you something," he says, wiping his hands on his robes Not looking up, Daenerys nod.

"What did you want to ask?" Daenerys reply, lowering down on her knees so she could place a book back where it belongs. Trailing a hand over the books, she keep searching for whatever she need. Regulus clears his throat, tugging at his collar. Watching her turn around the next aisle, he sees her through the space above the books, looking through to see her in the next aisle, facing him.

Good thinking, that way Madam Pince won't kick us out for talking. But... does she perhaps not want to be seen with a Slytherin like me? Is it because I'm a pureblood? I mean, I don't care she's not, but mother would disagree... Regulus steadies himself on the shelf, gazing hopelessly at her, lost in his thoughts and in her eyes. She return his look with a steady gaze, wondering why he seems so different today. Is it because of his unkempt look? Or perhaps the way he's muttering to himself under his breath?

At this point Regulus is seriously regretting his choice to disregard the 'No sweats, no shakes'-spell his brother had tauntingly suggested to him. Biting his lip and clearing his throat again, which feels like scraping sandpaper and he feels as though he's approaching the hurdle.

Still she haven't looked away from him. Is that a good sign?! Or are you wondering if you should escort him to the hospital wing ASAP?
Taking a calming breath, he feels his face heat up and he's certain a fiery blush has spread up to his ears.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the Quidditch match tomorrow." He spits out, feeling his knees shake like he's been cursed with the jelly-legs jinx. He's got half a mind to whisper 'unjelly-fy' down at his legs, just to see what effect it'd have.

"I thought we were going together anyway, weren't we?" It's as if molten hot iron has replaced all the blood in his veins. His chuckle shaky and false, he blinks too rapidly, looking everywhere but her as he tries to explain. "I'm, well, I'm-"

It's almost painful to listen him stutter like this. Seeing him breathe in and out, she try to reach forward to touch his hand in comfort, but the space between the books is too small for her fingers to wriggle through.

"I'm kind of asking you to go with me, as-as something more than a friend or classmate." her eyes widen and for a moment she was lost for words. Her cheeks are slowly turning as red as her Gryffindor tie and her mouth is ajar, as though she trying to find the right words. As though his lips move on their own, he hears himself saying:
"I'll meet you before the match?" he sees Daenerys nod. His knees seem to have disappeared and he feels like he's falling. "Great." He mutters under his breath, a smile like one she'd never seen before creasing his lips. "Great." He repeats again, closing his eyes and laughing quietly in relief.