Chapter 5

Destiny's POV:
"Come on, I just want to ask Mal if she can change my hair." Lonnie one of my close friends said dragging me to the kitchen.
Tonight Lonnie Jane and I were going to have a sleepover. But Lonnie saw James hair and Lonnie's had to be better. So now we are off looking for Mal.
"Hey guys." Lonnie said walking into the kitchen.
"Hey." Evie and Mal said covering something up.
"So I wanted to see if you can change my hair Mal." Lonnie said stepping into the kitchen more with me following. I saw Hay and Carlos and walked over to them.
"Hey, stranger." I told Carlos sitting next to him on the counter.
"Oo a little midnight snack." Lonnie said dipping her finger into the batter and tasting it. Everyone had shouted No. I guess they didn't want to have her germs in their batter.
"What I'm not going to double dip." Lonnie said
Everyone had sighed in relief.
"You don't feel weird?" Mal asked
"Hello there." Jay said kissing Lonnie's hand.
"No, But you know it could use some chips." She said walking to the fridge pulling them out.
"Chips?" they all asked. I forgot they don't really have access to different kinds of food.
"You know chips, when you have a bad day and you get home and your mom has a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies ready for you with a glass of milk. And everything just slips away and seems right." Lonnie let out. Jay,Evie, Mal and Carlos had looked down sad. I felt bad so I slipped my hand into Carlos's. I had squeezed it tight letting him know I was there. He squeezed mine back too I later my head on his shoulder letting him know I was there.
"Oh I'm sorry, I just thought even villains love their kids." Lonnie said making them feel worse,she also let a few tears go.
"Well we better get back to work." Mal said swiping the year off of Lonnie.
Carlos had snaked his hand away from me and shook my head off. He didn't even look me back in the eyes.
"Yeah you should be heading out." Carlos said walking away to get pans.
"Bye, see you guys Tomorrow I guess." I said waving bye to everyone. As Lonnie and I were leaving I turned back. And saw everyone working. I caught Carlos's stare. I waved bye to him and then walked out.
Why is he so confusing. One minute he is acting sweet then the next he acts like a total stranger. Why do I care. Its not like I like like Carlos or anything. Or do I? No I can't like the villain kid.