Chapter 11

"Okay are you ready Carlos?" Ben asked Carlos. Carlos was on the tourney field about to do some sprints.
Ben was about to say go, but the schools mutt Dude came running. Oh no he got loose again.
Dude came straight towards Carlos and Carlos began to run for his life.
"Great running." Ben said as he stopped the stop watch.
"Ben, Dude got out." I said running to Carlos.
Ben followed quickly behind me.
"Carlos! Carlos!" I shouted after him.
I found Carlos who had climbed a tree. Carlos was terrified and it didn't help that Dude was barking non stop at him.
"Destiny, Ben. Get this thing away from me he's a killer." Carlos shouted
I grabbed Dude off the ground and held him.
"What are you doing holding him? He's going to tear you apart. I can't loose you. I love you too much." Carlos said still in the tree.
"Who told you that?" Ben asked referring to when Carlos said Dude was a killer.
"My mother. " Carlos said simply
"Cruella." Ben said obviously
Carlos only nodded
"Carlos this is Dude the campus mutt." I told Carlos
"He doesn't look like a vicious killer." Carlos said slowly putting his hand out towards Dude.
"Good boy." Ben said
Carlos and I looked up at Ben questionably
"I mean you did good you're fast." Ben covered up.
"Oh thank you." Carlos said smiling
"I will let you guys get to know each other. Find me later so we can practice more," Ben told Carlos.
"Okay." Carlos said
"Bye Destiny see you at dinner." Ben said
"Here." I said to Carlos handing him Dude since he seemed more calm with him.
"Hey." Carlos said silently testing his head on the dog.
"You guys have it pretty rough on the island don't you?" I asked
"Lets just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs." Carlos said still petting Dude as he sat down on a log.
"Have you ever met your father?" I asked
Carlos had stopped for a moment and looked off into space. Then he was brought back
"No I never met my father. My mother said that he left because I wasn't good enough." Carlos answered
"Carlos. Listen to me." I told him grabbing his face making him look at me his eyes were teary and you can tell he was trying to hold them back.
"You are amazing, funny, sweet, smart, handsome, and just down to earth. Never let anyone tell you that you aren't enough. Because Carlos you are more than enough." I told him.
"Destiny it's just different." He said setting dude down.
"How is it different Carlos We are all human. Everyone deserves to be loved. We aren't that different." I told him. I wanted to cry with him. Carlos was broken and I hate seeing him like this. And I know I have to be there for him no matter what.
"Because I'm a villain you're a princess . Your father and mother are a king and queen. My mother is a woman who despises dogs. And my father well who knows what he is. Bottom line is we are from two different worlds. You deserve to be loved I deserve to die." Carlos said slightly raising his voice.

I couldn't take it anymore. Carlos is amazing what do I have to do to get it through to him. Everyone deserves to be loved not matter who they are. Royal or not Royal. Villain or not villain. We all need love.
And to prove it to him I cupped his face quickly and pulled his face towards me. And there we had our first kiss. It shocked Carlos at first but he began to kiss back. I let my hands fall to the back of Carlos's neck . And his hands moved just above my waist.
I pulled away after a few seconds and looked deeply into Carlos's eyes.
"I love you." I told Carlos
He looked at me and it seemed like that was all he needed to hear from someone a simply meaningful I love you. I meant it when I said I love you to Carlos.
He just sat there looking at me shocked.
"I'm sorry for bringing up your father. it wasn't my place and I'm sorry. But know I'm sorta glad I did mention him because now you know that someone does care and loves you. Carlos I would change you for anything in this world." I said grabbing his hands.
"Destiny, I don't really know what love is." He admitted
"Well, I can show you." I told him
"How does love feel?" he asked
"You will know how love feels when your heart is ready." I told him
"I'm willing to wait.". He said smiling resting his forehead against mine.
"And I'm more than willing to wait for you." I said smiling.

I wanted to teach Carlos how to love. And I will make sure that Carlos never feels unloved again.
I knew Jay,Mal, and Evie loved each other. You can tell right away. It's just they were raised to hate and to only have allies. But they were young and curious. They tried their best to contain the fact that they cared and loved each other. but I bet by the end of this year they will defiantly feel a fire in their heart. And its not going to be from suffering. its going to be a sign of a new chapter in their life. A new chapter of breaking the chains and starting new.

"Thank you." Carlos said
"I meant every word." I told him
Carlos had only smiled and hugged me tight. I hugged him back clutching the back of his shirt. So I can hold on to him longer.
"Was I you're first kiss?" I asked him
"Sadly no. But I wish you were. I wish I hadn't wasted my time with my ex on the island. I wish I had waited for you." Carlos said
My face was brought down low. Carlos had an ex girlfriend. I wonder who she was. But that didn't matter because he said he wished he had waited for me. I wish I had waited for Carlos instead of dating that jerk Chad.
" i Wish I had waited for you instead of dating Chad." I admitted truthfully.
"What did Chad do to you anyways?" Carlos asked.
I looked away trying to push off the memory.
"That's a long story." I said getting up from the log.
"I have time." Carlos said grabbing my hand stopping me from leaving.
"I will tell you tomorrow. We should get going its getting kinda late." I said. looking up at the sky which still had light from the sunset that was going down.
"Okay. I will walk you to your room." Carlos said picking up Dude with one arm and pulling me close to him with his other.

Once we got to my room. Carlos realized he had no idea where to put Dude.
"Where do I take Dude?" Carlos asked
"Do you want to keep him and get to know him better?" I asked
"Sure, when do I return him?" Carlos asked happily at the fact that he gets to keep Dude.
"Consider him a gift. Goodnight. I will see ya tomorrow." I said smiling at Carlos.
"Goodnight." He said pecking my cheek quickly then running off. Leaving me in a trance of love and awe.