Chapter Two

SAM'S P.O.V

It wasn't until 11AM the next morning when I woke up. I was so tired and as soon as I moved my whole body hurt. I was sore and bruised. I couldn't really remember what happened at all last night. All I remember was seeing lights and then smashing my head off the ground. Who saved me?

I got up out of my comfy bed and took a quick shower and dressed. I dried my hair, pulled it into a ponytail, and put on my makeup before slowly going down the stairs and into the kitchen turning towards the fridge opening it up and taking a swig of orange juice.

"Morning sleepyhead." I heard Nikki say. I jumped at her voice whipping around and closing the fridge. I nearly spat out my juice but managed to chug it down.

"Where's my parents?" I asked her confused looking around the kitchen. My parents had the day off work. They should actually be making me some pancakes right now like normal. 

"They said they were going out. I only like just got here ten minutes ago but I've been texting you for the past hour!" She said handing me a plate of pancakes with butter and syrup. Ahh. There they are. Such loyal parents. I chuckled at the thought.

I took the plate and sat at the table. "Oh, sorry. I haven't even looked at my phone." I said biting into the soft, fluffy, delicious food. 

She shrugged and sat next to me pulling her phone out and tapping on the screen. When does she ever get off that thing? Oh yeah. Never. She's constantly on it either texting, tweeting, messaging, or just browsing for something to do. Makes me want to rip it from her grip and chuck it at the wall. What is with me this morning? I'm not in a good mood. 

"Hey, Nik? Can I ask you something?" I said taking another bite of the pancakes and scarfing it down my throat. 

"Anything Sam." She replied still having the phone in front of her face. I rolled my eyes. I loved Nikki, like don't get me wrong, she's one of my best friends, but when it comes to her and her phone, I want to punch her in the face.

"What happened last night?" I asked before shoving another fork-full of pancakes down the hungry throat.

"Oh, uhh, I didn't really see what happened. All I saw was you lying on the ground with this guy on top of you and yeah. Then Mac started talking to him and was like flirting and stuff. After we drove you home." She replied looking away from the phone but still having it held high in front of her face. If she doesn't put it down in three seconds, I'm knocking it out of her hands.

"Who was he?" I asked again. Maybe it was Logan. Or possibly a stranger. I don't know but whoever it was, was definitely a girl otherwise that chick has big strong muscles.

"Dunno. I didn't really get out of the car and I couldn't make out his face in the fog and stuff." She replied getting up and pouring me a glass of orange juice. Of course she didn't make the effort to see if I was okay! And I'm guessing Mac didn't even either if she just ended up flirting with the guy.

"Oh," I said slanting my mouth and furrowing my brows. I looked down at my plate and was about to take another bite when I stopped myself and looked back up at her. "Where's Mac?"

"She said she was going out of town for the weekend and won't have her phone. She'll be back on Monday morning though." She replied putting the now empty glass in the dishwasher. Did I know she was going camping? I really want to find out who saved me so I can thank them over and over and over again because I nearly died.

I shrugged and continued with my breakfast before finishing and doing the dishes. Nikki blabbed on about how many followers she has on Twitter and we gossiped about the latest news on our favorite band, One Direction.

Later, Nikki and I headed to the mall for a girl's day out. We hit all our favorite shops then headed to a Starbucks in the food court and grabbed some drinks. While sitting there we were looking around at all the guys in the food court when I recognized this one.  He had brown curly hair and the same face shape as someone I recognized but I don't know who. Almost like Harry Styles. But I couldn't tell because he was so far. I know a couple guys that live around here that look like Harry Styles. It's quite creepy to be honest.

On our way home after Nikki dropped me off, I went upstairs, changed into my pajama's then climbed into bed I was nearly about to drift off to sleep when I heard a knock on the door. 

"Knock, knock..." I jumped and turned around to see my mama standing in the doorway. She came in and sat next to me on the bed. I loved that she always comes in to see me at night before I go to sleep. 

"How was your day?" She asked me as I sat up and yawned. 

"It was fun! We went shopping, talked about this summer, and when we were in the food court we were 'guy-spying'." I replied smirking and using air quotes.

"Oh really. Did you spot anyone out?" Mom asked with interast as she snuggled under the blankets next to me. I turned and faced her. She looked pretty interested. After my break up with Logan she's been picking out guys for me. Whether it's at the mall, at the beach, or even just at the supermarket. I keep telling her I'm not meeting my possible future husband in a supermarket.

"Well there was this one," I said and mom snuggled closer, "he had curly brown locks. Almost like Harry Styles but you know how many guys live in Keswick that look like Harry. I sworn I've seen him before but I don't know his name. And I think he remembered me too because when I looked over he was staring and then immediatley avoided eye contact. It was weird..." 

Mom shrugged. "Hmph. Maybe he does know you too. Maybe you'll run into each other again. You never know honey. You know the story of how I met your father?"

"Ugh!" I said annoyed and hid under the covers. 

Mom laughed and kissed my temple leaving. "Okay honey goodnight. I love you."

Just before closing the door behind her, she popped her head back in. "Oh and Sam one more thing, you have a letter here from 1DHQ? Whatever that is."

"What? Mom! That's One Direction Headquarters!"

I jolted up and snatched the envelope from her. I ran to my desk and turned on the lamp. I ripped open the envelope and read--,"

Dear Samantha Wood,

Congratulations! You have won a one-in-a-lifetime chance to sing with our lovely boys you know as One Direction! They are so excited to be working with you and can't wait to meet you! Be sure to pack your bags for Tuesday. A taxi cab will be at your house at 12PM sharp to take you to the airport. When you land in Hollywood, look for a man holding a sign that says '1D's Lifetime Chance'. Follow him to the limo and you'll be dropped off at the villa! Can't wait to see you! 

From,

1DHQ x

I couldn't believe it! I gasped! I screamed! I jumped around and danced with the letter in my hands! I couldn't believe that I was going to be performing this summer with my favorite band! Wait Tuesday? It's Friday. That means I only have a little amount of time to get prepared. Wow. I couldn't believe it. But wait... What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm a bad singer?