Chapter Seven

Just a little author’s note before the story! But I would love to dedicate this chapter to wordlessHayley ! She made my cover! Thank you girl! Need a cover for your book message her! J Now for the book...:

I woke up early this morning. It was about 7 am. I just couldn’t sleep. I slept perfectly fine until I had to tinkle at 3 in the morning then couldn’t fall back to sleep. Once I stared at my clock and saw it was 7 I couldn’t take it anymore.

I rolled out of bed and did my business on the potty. I then, stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen. No one was awake. I shrugged. I looked through the kitchen coming across leftovers, fruit, meat, pasta’s, and liquids. I took some peach juice and ice and blended them together with the Magic Bullet. I was very careful not to wake anyone. I took my drink with me and walked outside sitting on the front porch steps.

It was peaceful out. The sun was shining but wasn’t blazing hot. There was a small breeze that blew in my face making my hair fly behind me. The birds chirped and I even heard a few squirrels make some noise.

“What are you doing?”

LIAM’S P.O.V.

I was lying in bed half awake half not awake when I heard someone wake up. I just figured it was one of the boys waking up early. But then I heard the blender going. That’s new. No one ever uses the blender in the morning.

I got curious and finally tumbled out of bed and walked downstairs.  No one was down there. Everything was put away and clean. Hm. Maybe I was imagining this.

I scratched the back of my head and started walking upstairs when I noticed the front door was opened. I squinted and walked over opening it more until I was Sam there.

Sam! I totally forgot that she was here. I stood there for a moment looking at her curiously wondering what she was doing outside.

“What are you doing?” I finally asked making her jump and turn around to see me.

“Drinking and sitting here. Wanna join?” she offered smiling.

I smiled. “Sure.” I sat next to her and she offered a sip of her drink.

“Oh no thank you. Not hungry yet.” I said as kindly as I could. “So what’s up? Do you know what time it is?”

She nodded.

“Then why are you up so early?” I asked her.

“I couldn’t sleep.” She said taking another sip.

I nodded understanding.

“Hey Li,” she said. “Can I ask you something? Friend to friend?”

I nodded. “Anything, my lips are locked.” I did the whole zip-my-lips-and-throw-away-the-key thing that made her chuckle.

“Why did you guys choose me?” she asked putting her now empty cup next to her.

I scratched the back of my head again. “Oh, err. Well when we first saw you, we thought you were a pretty good singer. Then we kind of spied on you and checked out your YouTube channel and found really amazing covers! So we decided you to be the winner.” I said.

She nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder. “Thank you.” she said.

“For what love?” I asked.

“For giving me this one-in-a-lifetime chance. I never thought I’d win though.”

I frowned.

“Well you did. And you’re very lucky to have. We cannot wait to spend the summer with you Sam.” I said smiling.

Sam chuckled.