Chapter Twenty-One

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I seriously don't know how much of this I could take. Sam's gone forever and I let her slip right through my fingers. Why? Why was I so dumb?

The boys and I have been canceling concerts and upsetting the fans because of my state. I was depressed. Miserable. Broken. I didn't want my fans seeing me like this. It was not even bearable for me to look at.

I've locked myself in my room, literally, for the past couple weeks. The summer was nearly over and I knew just then that Sam wasn't coming back. She would've by now. I know it to be true.

My room stinks horribly, I haven't been eating much, the boys have been trying to take care of me and get me things but I just push them away and I feel terrible for doing it. All I've been doing is sleeping.

A soft and small knock came to the door. No one said anything but I had a feeling I knew who it was.

"Go away Louis. I'm not in the mood."

"For God's sake Harry Styles, open the damn door!" I heard the angry yet familiar voice boom behind it.

I rolled onto my feet and padded towards the door unlocking it and opening it. I was faced up against a tall woman. She looked at me and frowned. I could see the hurt in her eyes as much as there was in mine.

"Oh my baby!" She said opening her arms and closing them around my body. She rubbed my back soothingly as I just stood there wanting to fall to the floor.

"What do you guys want?" I asked her noticing the other four lads standing behind my wavy haired stylist.

"Harry as much as we knew this was getting to you we had to get you some help. Good help too." Liam caringly said.

I smiled and fake smile. "Thanks but no thanks. If it's not Sam I don't want anything to do with whatever you have to say. It won't make me feel better." I said pointing to Lou Teasdale.

"Not me Harry." She said.

I furrowed my brow. "Then who because they won't make me feel better either." I rasped.

"Suit yourself." The boys said stepping aside to reveal the person I was not expecting to have seen. Well the two last people I would ever think to have come and see me.

My mum looked at me with gleaming eyes. Although her expression was sad her eyes were still warm as ever. She came over squeezing me tightly. This is a hug I've been dying to have in the longest time.

Releasing my mum's grasp I was pulled into yet another of my sister who almost stood just as tall as me. She did not look like the Gemma that I left when I came here just last month. Or did she? I don't remember to be honest. It feels like forever ago.

They pulled me into the room blocking out everyone else as they headed downstairs. It was dim in the bedroom except for the lamp that shined beside my bed. My mum headed for the curtains peeling them open to reveal a morning sun. It was too early.

My eyes finally adjusted and I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Harry," my mum started. "You've always been the guy to flirt and charm people. Always. Ever since you were a little boy. Well when I heard about this girl and how much you liked her, I knew she had to have been something special-"

"You're not making me feel much better." I complained cutting her off looking at the floor. Gemma sat beside me leaning her head on my shoulder.

"That's not my point Harry. She obviously loved and still does love you with a her heart and that's why she left." My mum continued.