Prologue

I said 'I do.'

I didn't smile as she did pressed her lips on mine awkwardly. I was forever married to the Tatiana, Queen of Liberum Carcerem, forever tired down to the her by marriage.
Tatiana smiled in content as so did my little sister Carta. Carta weakly held my mothers hand grinned ear to ear from the sight of marriage her like any other seven year old found the idea of marriage driven by adventures or fairytale no one had the heart to break the conscience that it was always merely out of convenience.

Carta's beautiful blonde hair held by a crown of pink flowers gleaming her inner innocence. Her crystal blue held my gaze as her grin became wider if that was even possible. My heart contracted at the sight.
I didn't regret this decision, at least I was sure this was the way to keeping Carta alive keeping her medicine in check. Her illness at bay by the flow of money provided by my new beloved wife. It was going as planned everything was set out as it should be. And for I, well I was another story apart of something different.

~~~

I am content reading on the anatomy of the heart spending my evening sipping on black coffee. The splutter of the rain soothing my senses. The greenery of the garden view through the large white framed window giving the vast black room peace. My mind at rest from the last 7 months of havoc, 7 months from the marriage. I twist the sliver ring twirling it around my finger my mind swaying from the subject of testing cholesterol levels in the heart.
I stare back at the majestic garden full of all sorts of flowers red, blue, lilac, violet, pink, lime there was so much variety. I do wonder how they grew theses types of flowers here in Liberum Carcerem where the weather ranged from extreme harsh winter to mild snow to hail occasionally a spring of rain in July.
And I am happy to announce it is raining first a few droplets then it starts pouring making the colours bold and dark. I twist my head in wonder I never knew where rain came from still don't. We believe when the plants and flowers need them somehow some way it rains yet I see plenty of gardeners taming and watering the exotic plants.

A sort of black blue comes in front of the red rose bush how odd it must be the dirty window with all the rain. Then I jump in surprise leaving the coffee spelling all over my notes but that goes unnoticed as I am staring a lady, a lady of sort I've never seen in my life, standing behind a pane of glass snipping off red roses.

A lady who changed my life.
A lady of no sort.
Not a lady.
But a soulmate.

And the story started with a little something called curiosity.

They say curiosity killed a cat but the only question is...

Did it kill a human?

^*^

Oh my holy fancy goats things are going to get interesting! Sorry it was short and boring but all will be revealed in time...

Anyways here take a bag 🎒

ZainaB